GameGaurdian Textfiles not working in NBA 2k20

Cyb3r44576

Question

So I'm playing NBA 2k20 mobile (v98) on my LDplayer9 emulator. I am trying to trade my MyCareer teammates. In the past I used a textfile for v97, which i used at the time. However now, in any textfile I use for anything, any values of the items in the textfile cannot be changed. That is to say, immediately upon loading it, all of the values go to zero, and whenever i try to change them again, it also goes back to zero. Consequently, nothing works. What's interesting about this is that when i try to change values by searching for them and then doing it manually, it works. And so it is only textfiles that are broken in this way. Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to fix this?

6 answers to this question

how do i run commands like that?

also I dont think a memory trap is the problem because, as I said, everything works fine when i use searched values. I only get problems with textfiles

On 8/2/2022 at 2:54 AM, Cyb3r44576 said:

So I'm playing NBA 2k20 mobile (v98) on my LDplayer9 emulator. I am trying to trade my MyCareer teammates. In the past I used a textfile for v97, which i used at the time. However now, in any textfile I use for anything, any values of the items in the textfile cannot be changed. That is to say, immediately upon loading it, all of the values go to zero, and whenever i try to change them again, it also goes back to zero. Consequently, nothing works. What's interesting about this is that when i try to change values by searching for them and then doing it manually, it works. And so it is only textfiles that are broken in this way. Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to fix this?

Hi!
Judging by the game behavior that keep reverting values to 00, it may indicate that the newer update has a new Memory Detection or your script is changing a "Memory Trap". Memory Trap is almost exist on every game, to handle this you might need to try several things:

Memory Detection

• - First, you need to make sure what problem that causing this type of behavior. To find out if it's caused by Memory Detection, you can try this command on your Emulator:

*After performing below commands, you can no longer use Game Guardian and need to use Cheat Engine to change your desired value. Below commands are a simple Memory Detection bypass.

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb -s emulator-5554 shell
for i in $(pidof com.t2ksports.nba2k20); do mount -o bind /proc/2/maps /proc/$i/maps; end
  • - If above commands doesn't work and the values keep reverting even when already FREEZED. A bold letter because you're really required to freeze the value, so the address is not changing to another memory.
  • - Try to use Cheat Engine; right click on your target address and select "What Accessing this Address". Now CE will run on Debug Mode, try to change the value until it reverts back to zero. After the values are 00, you can see another address that changes the value of your target address. From now, you need to disable that Address; that are responsible in reverting your target. This happens because of patched values, so the game does often monitor your target. Don't forget to include the patch into your GG script before executing the main hack.
  • - Another attempt from your previous step, if it's caused by Patched Values. You need to find a new one by keep following Memory XRef/References or try it with memory allocation. A way to allocate your values to make it reserved in memory and make the game reads from your self own memory, thus will prevent your values from ever changing.

Memory Trap

• - Some games will make Copies of values. This will come a challange because you can no longer use a literal text/aob values and instead need to reference directly into Real Target. First of all, scan your values and if it's exist multiple; safe to assume that there's a memory trap. Change each address values one by one until you find a real one and create a pointer on that real address.

In theory, there's many workaround. Reports your findings here so that other member of this forum can also help.

2 hours ago, MainC said:

Hi!
Judging by the game behavior that keep reverting values to 00, it may indicate that the newer update has a new Memory Detection or your script is changing a "Memory Trap". Memory Trap is almost exist on every game, to handle this you might need to try several things:

Memory Detection

• - First, you need to make sure what problem that causing this type of behavior. To find out if it's caused by Memory Detection, you can try this command on your Emulator:

*After performing below commands, you can no longer use Game Guardian and need to use Cheat Engine to change your desired value. Below commands are a simple Memory Detection bypass.

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb -s emulator-5554 shell
for i in $(pidof com.t2ksports.nba2k20); do mount -o bind /proc/2/maps /proc/$i/maps; end
  • - If above commands doesn't work and the values keep reverting even when already FREEZED. A bold letter because you're really required to freeze the value, so the address is not changing to another memory.
  • - Try to use Cheat Engine; right click on your target address and select "What Accessing this Address". Now CE will run on Debug Mode, try to change the value until it reverts back to zero. After the values are 00, you can see another address that changes the value of your target address. From now, you need to disable that Address; that are responsible in reverting your target. This happens because of patched values, so the game does often monitor your target. Don't forget to include the patch into your GG script before executing the main hack.
  • - Another attempt from your previous step, if it's caused by Patched Values. You need to find a new one by keep following Memory XRef/References or try it with memory allocation. A way to allocate your values to make it reserved in memory and make the game reads from your self own memory, thus will prevent your values from ever changing.

Memory Trap

• - Some games will make Copies of values. This will come a challange because you can no longer use a literal text/aob values and instead need to reference directly into Real Target. First of all, scan your values and if it's exist multiple; safe to assume that there's a memory trap. Change each address values one by one until you find a real one and create a pointer on that real address.

In theory, there's many workaround. Reports your findings here so that other member of this forum can also help.

Hi can this problem be solved by just installing the previous version of the game where the textfiles worked?

On 8/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, chipsqwert said:

Hi can this problem be solved by just installing the previous version of the game where the textfiles worked?

It could be, but the game may force you to update later in date and the old one will just unusable. You can still play it now though..
Addition: You might try to bypass the update, and it will work just fine.

Hi! You have redirected me in this thread. Is there an official website or link for Cheat Engine? Although I will try first if the previous version can be modded. I am new to GameGuardian as well. Thanks!

Archived