How to hack battlestation harbinger/battlestation classic

sfan85

7kB-oH1oeL4euVLH2L6D2cSHQ3GqtyE22KAIlIVm
Name of Game:  Battlestation Harbinger
Cheat Type: Resources

Battlestation Classic uses the same encyrption algorithm and can by hacked by following the same method listed below.

I've been lurking the request thread for someone to come up with a way to hack Battlestation Harbinger for a while. Took me quite a while to figure this one out. Reverse engineering the Java component from this games PC-Release, the game stores most integer vaues as 2x encrypted values. Hacking it on android makes it very uncomfortable but not impossible. A small tutorial on how to:

Step 1: Navigate to https://jsfiddle.net/sfan85/4b6p77xw/36/ it's a small webbased tool i wrote to decrypt the values. (content from jsfiddle.net is "opensource" and you can see the encryption algorithm if you want to write something yourself.)

Step 2: Write down the following values somewhere: 87312 and 2863308842 it's the encrypted values of 90000 (more than you will ever have to spend) we will need those values for later use. Do not tab out on your Phone, it will reset the addresses when you re-tab in. 

Step 3: Get the current encrypted value from the tool.

LhbBAVN.jpg

ecQQ8Wj.png

Step 4: Search for the 2nd Encrypted value (usually only yields one result) 

GwWRlPI.png

Step 5: Tap and hold your found value and select "Go to the address XXXXXXXX"

Step 6: Scroll up slightly (-4 Bytes) and confirm the values (Remember not to tab out)

dZvUz8I.jpg

Step 7: Replace the values with the values from Step 2, this will give you 90000.

iIB7QYK.jpg

Step 8: Perform some ingame-action (repair, sell, buy) to update the display value and you're all set!

sBcasDj.jpg

Enjoy. P.s. this works for most other values too (even stuff like shields, though i never found it necessary to do it for shields)

Edit1:

In order to gain XP and unlock all Ships you have to start a new game, pick a crappy ship. Alter your Scrap value to 90k and don't add any additional weapons on your ship. Find enemies so they can kill you. When the game ends, you will gain a massive amount of xp because of your current scrap value.

Edit2: Cosmetics.

Attachment: Imgur Album

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked like a charm for me!

As for the shield, it regenerates so it's useless to hack, but everything else is all FLOAT values, and not encrypted.

I usually hack the hull, and freeze it at 50 below full, because freezing at full causes crashes.

I had a lot of fun setting weapons like mega plasma and nuke cannons, and death rays to 0.1 Recharge Time ??

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Firstly Thank you very much for this, works perfectly on bluestacks and latest version.

Secondly, when you use the tool, and get this type of number..

On mine it came up as a negative number like -1414577822.

just ADD to number something like 600000 and bam, you have it. you dont have to do any further editing of a second value.

Archived