Fallout Shelter save editor

Sysadmin

• Administrators

So my cousin got me playing this game, and I must say, I enjoy it. Of course, my mind started wondering different ways to maniuplate it to do my bidding! Here's the best way I found.

Let's get started

What you'll need:

•  FOSDecrypt.exe (Created by superkhung)
  • The .sav file for your game, from /sdcard/Android/data/com.bethsoftfalloutshelter/files

Once you have those, we can begin editing the save file:

1. Click and drag your .sav file 'onto' the FOSDecrypt icon. Wait for the command prompt to close, and check the .sav file size (the file size should be smaller than the original file size).
  2. Use a JSON editor, to edit the .sav file. I used http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ because it's easy and convenient. Examples on some things you can edit can be found below.
  3. Once you have finished making changes to the .sav file in your JSON editor, save the file (if using the online editor, make sure to rename the downloaded file to what the original file name was. Eg document.json -> Vault1.sav).
  4. Click and drag the newly edited .sav file 'onto' the FOSDecrypt icon. Wait for it to re-encrypt the file (shouldn't take long). Verify the file size is now about 2x the previously decrypted file size.
  5. Copy the .sav file back into the game folder on your device (/sdcard/Android/data/com.bethsoftfalloutshelter/files).

Easy right?!
---------------

Now, here are some of the modifications I made to the .sav file:

• Change amount of lunchboxes:

There are two different values you'll need to edit here: LunchBoxesByType and LunchBoxesCount. You can find both easily by searching them in your editor. First, find LunchBoxesByType, as this is what gives you actual lunchboxes. The values available are:

• 0 = Regular lunchbox
  • 1 = Mr. Handyman lunchbox

So let's say you want to add 100 regular lunchboxes, and 10 Mr. Handyman lunchboxes to your save. You will then end up with something like this:

"LunchBoxesByType": [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1],

But we also have to make sure to change the LunchBoxesCount to our new value:

"LunchBoxesCount": 110,

Ta-da!
------------

• Change dweller health/stats:

This mod takes a little more patience, but can be well worth it. I only changed this on a few of my key dwellers, so as not to ruin the fun of the game  Start by finding the first name of the dweller you would like to edit. Then, search for their first name in your editor.

To edit their health, change the healthValue and maxHealth values. I changed mine to look like this:

"health": {
          "healthValue": 9999,
          "radiationValue": 0,
          "permaDeath": false,
          "lastLevelUpdated": 14,
          "maxHealth": 9999
        },

Changing health to a high value seems to cause issues with radiation, when you send a dweller into the wasteland. I advise you not to set the value this high.

To edit the dweller's stats, again, look under their name, but for stats this time. You'll see a list of 8 values. The first one doesn't have any effect. The other values control their S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats. These are the ones you want to edit. For max stats, you'll want something like this: 

"stats": {
          "stats": [
            {
              "value": 1,
              "mod": 0,
              "exp": 0
            },
            {
              "value": 10,
              "exp": 72000
            },
            {
              "exp": 201600
            },
            {
              "mod": 4,
              "exp": 3600
            },
            {
              "exp": 36000
            },
            {
              "exp": 72000
            },
            {
              "exp": 14400
            },
            {
              "mod": 1,
              "exp": 3600
            }
          ]
        },

Rinse and repeat for any other dwellers you'd like to edit.
------------------

These are just some basic mods, that shouldn't ruin the fun of the game too much. Take a look around the rest of the file, and see what neat tricks you can do (like changing gender, making someone pregnant, etc ). Let me know the cool stuff you are doing with your save, and share with others!

FOSDecrypt.exe

Edited by d2dyno
Update health

does my phone have to be root to see the save file?

PS: tryed just like intruction but somhow when i load the game it automatic close.

do i have to pass a certain stage for this to work.

i try with moded game (automatic close after loading the save file)

normal game (automatic close while it loading up the game)

PS: again sry work now turn out i supose to put the number on the right hand

Edited by shadowtrap2010
try not to post too many

PS: again sry work now turn out i supose to put the number on the right hand

Did you get it to work with both modded and unmodded? If yes, I'm thinking, that with the plethora of changes that i made on the right side, I must have put a value someplace it doesn't like. As such I crash every time i try loading the vault. 

• Administrators

Did you get it to work with both modded and unmodded? If yes, I'm thinking, that with the plethora of changes that i made on the right side, I must have put a value someplace it doesn't like. As such I crash every time i try loading the vault. 

I usually try 1 hack at a time. Ie, lunchboxes hack. Try the save on game (if=works, continue). That way I know specifically what I can do, and what I can't. Making all your changes at once, makes it almost impossible to narrow down what caused it.

"LunchBoxesByType": [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1],

But we also have to make sure to change the LunchBoxesCount to our new value:

"LunchBoxesCount": 110,

Ta-da!
------------

I figured out what I was doing wrong. Instead of following your example, I needed to make mine a litle different.

"LunchBoxesByType":

0 : 0

1 : 0

2 : 0

3 : 1

"LunchBoxesCount": 4

This gave me three regular and one Mr Handy.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey how can i edit all my stuff ( lunchboxes, mr handy boxes, radaway, stims, pet carriers, nuka quantum etc)? Editing the way you said for the lunchboxes hasnt seemed to work, and im not sure how to edit anything else. Ive tried changing what a room produces i think but i have no idea if i did it right. When i put the save back the game will either not detect the save or it will crash when i open the vault list screen ( depending on if the save is still decrypted or not ).