Known problems

Enyby

• Administrators

you also forgot that it may not work on lollipop with selinux set to enforcing Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No. It work if daemon get root. If daemon get root - it set enforce to Permissive and restore back on exit.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

In some firmware for use GG, you need to allow the use of floating windows. Sometimes it is called the notification, alert, docking area, dropzone and so on.

MIUI v5:
Go to Settings - Applications - everything.
2. Find Game Guardian
3. Enable slider "Pop-ups"

Screenshot

Screenshot_2013-05-16-12-35-33[1].png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xxj7Kz7WjQ

MIUI v6 / Flyme:
Go to "Settings" - "All Applications" - "All" found "GameGuardian", in its turn slider settings "pop-ups".

Screenshot_2015-07-16-08-53-54.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZfcIT74PS8
Sometimes Flyme meets mistranslation as the Alarm (second paragraph):

7323688.jpg

MIUI v7:
Go to the application "Security" - permission - permission - GameGuardian - Pop-up windows.

EMUI:
Phone Manager - Go to Settings (Settings) - Shortcuts - looking there dropzone manager - activate it.
Now its icon available on the desktop. We go to the dropzone manager in the list of GG and allow access.

The popup does not show on Huawei phones by default. You will need to allow GameGuardian to show popup. Please open the Phone Manager, then Dropzone Management and please make sure it is turned on for GameGuardian .

The Popup also does not show on some Xiaomi phones. You need to head to Settings -> Installed apps -> GameGuardian -> Other permissions -> Display pop-up window.

Also, other phones may have different procedures to allow apps to show Popup windows. All such apps are usually affected this way, for example the Google Translator app with the Tap To Translate functionality. Therefore, you can simply google "YOUR_PHONE tap to translate" to find the solution. For example, for Xiaomi Redmi devices the solution is as follows: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/translate/1Pywh5vI1kE

• 11 months later...

Nice thanks

On 20/7/2015 at 1:19 AM, Enyby said:

Topik untuk masalah yang dikenal dan bagaimana mengatasi.

1. Jika Anda menggunakan Tencent Superuser dan GG tidak mendapatkan root - mengubah manajer akar ini ke yang lain. Misalnya: SuperSU.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2015 at 1:19 AM, Enyby said:

Topic for known problem and how it resolve.

1. If you use Tencent Superuser and GG doesn't get root - change this root manager to another. For example: SuperSU.

Im using oppo F1 plus, but i cant find setting to allow pop up for GG...

Please help me..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Enyby, are you able to build in a feature to tell "where" to look for the su binary?

In my particular use case, the game I'm trying to modify detects presence of su in /system/bin.

I am using a SuperSU-less version of su in my VM for testing purposes, and I am able to have a root shell but without su.

So if I renamed su to something like sua, I can launch a root shell, but however I wish to be able to point GameGuardian to this renamed su.

Another way would be to manually launch the daemon via the command line, since I have root shell open (I'm using VBoxHardenedLoader with RemixOS, I can easily do remount/exec/chmods )

Looking forward to your reply,
-Falz

Edited by FZFalzar

• Moderators
2 hours ago, FZFalzar said:

Hi @Enyby, are you able to build in a feature to tell "where" to look for the su binary?

In my particular use case, the game I'm trying to modify detects presence of su in /system/bin.

I am using a SuperSU-less version of su in my VM for testing purposes, and I am able to have a root shell but without su.

So if I renamed su to something like sua, I can launch a root shell, but however I wish to be able to point GameGuardian to this renamed su.

Another way would be to manually launch the daemon via the command line, since I have root shell open (I'm using VBoxHardenedLoader with RemixOS, I can easily do remount/exec/chmods )

Looking forward to your reply,
-Falz

Is phh's super user not an option or Magisk? 

I believe these 2 methods can help bypass detection of "SU". 

If you happen to have xposed framework, root cloak can sometimes do it and/or xprivacy.