GameGuardian Lollipop Fix

Sysadmin

As many of you know, with Android 5.x Lollipop, GameGuardian has become broken. This is due to all the security changes, and limitations on root applications.
Now we have a fix! Thanks to this thread, we now have a way to get GameGuardian (and other root apps) working again

Follow the below instructions, at your own risk, to get GameGuardian working on your Lollipop device:

1. Make sure you already have installed the latest version of GameGuardian (6.0.6 at the time of this writing).
  2. Download this file to your Android device: linker.zip
  3. Unzip the file to find a file named "linker".
  4. Copy "linker", to /system/bin/ and overwrite (after making a backup) the existing file.
  5. Set permissions of the new "linker" file to: CHMOD 755; and set owner to: root shell.
  6. Reboot
  7. Enjoy GameGuardian!

Again, modifying system files can be dangerous. I take no responsibility if ninja monkeys come and destroy your phone.

I got gg working on my galaxy s4 thanks

• Administrators

Well for me the phone didn't restart properly and entered TRWP and I had to reinstall the rom. I used HTC One M8

Really?! that's odd, because that's the phone I tested with... You made the proper permissions changes to the file after copying it?

• Administrators

hi people ! i got a problem with gg 6.0.6 i cant install it broken apk phone galaxy s4 gt-i9505 android 5.0.1 pls help sorry for bad english.. :-)

Hello,

You are saying the APK won't install? If so, would you be able to possibly clarify on that, and upload a screenshot?

• Administrators

I also get the parsing error, it installs fine on NC2 but on OC1 i get a parsing error. The video above me illustrates the problem.

And you are using the same exact APK, or you downloaded from the site on each device? Just for kicks, download the attachment, and see if that installs  

Edited by d2dyno

And you are using the same exact APK, or you downloaded from the site on each device? Just for kicks, download the attachment, and see if that installs  GG_6.0.6.apk

Yes i tried 6.0.6 and 6.0.5 but neither worked. The attachment you provided installed, i opened and granted it supersu access, and gameguardian closed itself. Now when i open gameguardian, it keeps force closing.

• Administrators

Yes i tried 6.0.6 and 6.0.5 but neither worked. The attachment you provided installed, i opened and granted it supersu access, and gameguardian closed itself. Now when i open gameguardian, it keeps force closing.

Ok. Please hop in chat if you can. I think it's an issue with our downloads system.

And for it force closing, I'm assuming you installed the linker file?

I can't even use it.  When I try to cheat my game and open GG it just detects TouchWiz and not the game Process.  I tried Several Games now.  I got a rooted Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Official 5.0.1 Rom