Sign in to follow this  
harryk

help - Rebuilding APKs

I've been trying to mod APKs by decompiling and rebuilding them. I tried using different sets of tools, but none of them seem to work. I tried using apktool and APK studio. Both can decompile and recompile the apk, and as long as i don't modify the source i can install the APK on my device after signing it. But if i make any change to the source such as changing

if-nez v0, :cond_b

to

goto :cond_b

the rebuild process still works, but the rebuilt APK file can't be installed on the device. The 'Installing' screen is shown for a while, then it says 'app not installed'. The failed installation creates an empty folder in /data/data named com.<name of developer>.<name of app>, which I have to delete before trying to reistall.

Any thoughts on why the rebuilt APKs don't install?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Enyby
      View File GameGuardian
      Overview: Play games your way!
      “GameGuardian” is a game hack/alteration tool. With it, you can modify money, HP, SP, and much more. You can enjoy the fun part of a game without suffering from its unseasonable design.
      Requires Android: 2.3.3+
      GameGuardian Features Summary
      Runs on ARM, x64 and x86 devices, including x86 emulators (LDPlayer, BlueStacks, Droid4X, MOMO, KOPlayer, Andy, Memu, Leapdroid, AMIDuOS, Windroye, RemixOS, PhoenixOS, AVD, Genymotion, Nox etc.) Supports Android 2.3.3+ (Gingerbread) through Lollipop (5+), Marshmallow (6+), Nougat (7+), Oreo (8+) and Pie (9+). Support work without root via different virtual spaces. Support different emulators like PPSSPP, ePSXe, GameBoy etc. Game deceleration and acceleration (speedhack) for ARM and x86 devices, including x86 emulators.  Also supports both 32-bit and 64-bit applications on 64-bit devices using speedhack. Search feature: encrypted values. Search of unknown values when specifying the difference between values. Search addresses by mask. Explicit and "fuzzy" numeric searches. Text (String, Hex, AoB) search. Supports: Double, Float, Qword, Dword, XOR, Word, Byte, or Auto data-type searches. Lua scripting support. Modify all search results at once. Filtering of search results (address greater than and less than, value greater than and less than). Search in the background feature. 'The fill' feature. Time jump feature. Dump memory. Copy memory. Customizable UI. App locale for over 50 languages. And, much, much more. Notes:
      ** ROOT or VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT ONLY **
      This tool only works on rooted devices or in virtual environment (without root in limited mode)!
      GG can work in limited mode without root, through a virtual environment. For example, through Parallel Space, VirtualXposed, Parallel Space Lite, GO multiple, 2Face and many others.
      Read the help for more details. You can find more information about rooting your device at XDA Developers. Want to help us improve, or add a translation? Then please visit thread "If you want to add a new translation or improve an existing". If you are having issues with the app, please visit thread "Gathering information about GG errors". Want to donate and help keep the project going? That's awesome! You can donate any amount (anything helps) here: Donate Need help with how to use this application? Please visit "Video tutorials" and forum "Guides". Credit:
      @d2dyno - Owner, lead designer, project management. @Enyby - Lead coder, project management. @Trasd - Technical consultant, project management. @Aqua - Creator (retired).  

Submitter Enyby Submitted 05/19/12 Category Official Downloads  
    • By GLSGmc
      Hey, I want to decompile a script. I've tried Autocompiler.lua and decompiler.lua but no success. Any help is appreciated 😆
    • By Boatism
      Did anyone able to hack the game My Home Design Dream. It candy crush style and i manage to hack the “move left” during the game (because the amount of coin acquired is 500+how much move you got left). The coin is secondary currency but i need the cash which is primary currency. There are not much option to increase the cash count which i need in order to try to search the value so i stuck there. So anyone can help me out. My knowledge with modifying and hacking witg gg is limited. Btw the data is encrypted. Thanks in advace and pardon my english
    • By absolutenothing
      game name: angel fish
      pstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.candysoft.FishKing&amp;hl=en_US&amp;referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dangelfish+google+play&amp;pcampaignid=APPU_1_ODRcXKuJEoeRggfa1qO4Aw
      modification and effect: yes, effect getting kicked out after few seconds and or banned after few kicks/warnings.
      methods i found.
      method 1)fuzzy change unchange + gamepause works but takes a lot of time, this worked well while on the afk fishing.
              note: real value is = to 6-7 digits it is above the visual value.
      method 2)string search using the visual value. example you have 7896 of what your looking for use that for your search. works well even on the intro but likely to be banned.
      attatched file is proof of editing got banned though

thanks in advance who'll look into this 🙂