A beginner's guide to brave frontier modding with IDA Pro [PICS]

xXL3g3ndXx

optional rooted device :

you can edit libgame.so right away at you device,

just download Hex Editor app at playstore, then edit libgame.so with it

well you still need ida pro at pc for knowing the address of its function that you wanna edit   

Can we use this to get specific units as mission rewards? Like you always get metal gods for a certain mission that you set?

I also looking at this.

Hopefully there is a way.

New here HUEHUE. Can anybody tell me what is the keyword for ZEL and KARMA? I can't seem to find the right one.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I found the right one. Thanks anyways XD

Had you successfully changed the amount of zel and karma it drops ?

I also looking at this.

Hopefully there is a way.

Had you successfully changed the amount of zel and karma it drops ?

Yep!

I've already changed the amount of zel and karma, Monster HP, Monster Attack, Arena Attack, and Monster Def.

Now I'm trying to find the right function for the Honor Points, the Monster IDs and their Capture Rates as well but I think the Capture Rates are server sided? I THINK.

I've already modded BF Japan and Global. I'm having problems with BF Korea hahaha that game has more codes than the other two.

Thanks a lot for this tutorial I really appreciate it, does anyone know if theres another application similar to this arm asm converter ? The one provided doesn't seem to work, it often doesn't show the equivalent hex code of the instruction provided.

EDIT: It seems it's not possible to multiply the value in a register directly thats why the converter wouldn't work. I did however find this site.
Although my smartphone is rooted I can't find the library file anywhere, any suggestions ?

Never mind I used Root Explorer. I am currently trying to figure out if it's possible to create a custom code cave which I can jump to and do my stuff then jump back. 

Edited by aspras

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

May i know what's the function to edit Zel/karma gained?

MissionSetInfo: setZel?

MissionSetInfo: getZel?

And previously someone made a mod which allowed one to recieve a dynamic mutliplier of zel gained, may i know how this is achieved?

Could it be done by,

ADD R0, R0

at the end of the function?

Hi,

I tried edit using the method u posted, but i cannot find the most basic string, "getMaxHP".  I am a player from taiwan BF.  I have uploaded my  version of libgame.so to my dropbox.  you mind having a look at it? 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6e45ukpl91eg81f/AADxikILsus1Ziq-986hv1faa

I supposed the developers have changed the way it used to be coded.  let me know if you are looking in to it.  thank you! 

Hi,

I tried edit using the method u posted, but i cannot find the most basic string, "getMaxHP".  I am a player from taiwan BF.  I have uploaded my  version of libgame.so to my dropbox.  you mind having a look at it? 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6e45ukpl91eg81f/AADxikILsus1Ziq-986hv1faa

I supposed the developers have changed the way it used to be coded.  let me know if you are looking in to it.  thank you! 

I was about to post the same thing, lol

If anyone know what other Disassembler/ or specific setting in IDA pro that allow us to read taiwan version libgame.so 

please reply threat or PM me

That would be very much appreciated

Cheers

hi can you make another tutorials.. on how many zel or karma you get after a dungeon battle.. much appreciated..

Edit: i found a tutorial by anonthanatos.. and i use your method of editing.. but it seems my Brave Frontier forced closed..

Edited by satanicvoid