A beginner's guide to brave frontier modding with IDA Pro [PICS]

xXL3g3ndXx

I would need help for non-rooted devices (will test out later) if it is possible to just paste back the libgame.so into the .apk file through WinRaR and installing it. Any experts please help out with this section. If signing of the apk needs to be done, there are tutorials that you can find around here or on google, stay tuned!

For non-rooted devices, the people will have to sign the apk first.

Those are the steps I do when signing the apk.

1.All you have to do once you have done what you want with the libgame.so, move it into the apk using WinRAR.

2.Extract the AndroidMulitiool folder into your C:Disk (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7px0d9i51cv5boc/AndroidMultitool_3.3.zip)

3.Copy/ Move the .apk with the modified libgame.so into the files section of the AndroidMultitool (not needed but recommended)

4.Make sure the .apk doesn't have any spaces in the name of it. (Eg: BraveFrontierMod.apk)

5.Go back to the AndroidMultitool folder and run the AndroidMultitool.exe.

6.Go to Signing and click on the ellipses [...] and go to the location of your .apk with the modified libgame.so (C:\AndroidMultitool\Files ; if you moved it to the files section as recommended.)

7.Click sign. 

8.Go to your C:\AndroidMultitools\Signed_apk and you should see name_signed.apk (Eg: BraveFrontierMod_signed.apk)

9.Rename it to whatever you like.

10. Move it to your device, install, and play.

Instruction to do nothing is a NOP ( No Operation ) HEX C0 46 or you can put 00 to make a byte not do anything.

like this

[ 01 20 ] MOVS R0, #1

[ C0 46 ]NOP

or 

[ 01 20 ] MOVS R0, #1

[ 00 00 ]

Instead of repeating code or use other weird looking stuff its better to use those two alternatives.

Introduction

Starting as a legit player, I have been playing Brave Frontier for around 2 months. After that I got bored of the game and decided what exploits could be done to this game to get more fun out of it. Initially, I leeched off damage hacks and stats of my units. This made the game fun but there was never a mod that gave me exactly what I wanted, thus, I started to learn how to mod the game myself through tutorials.

Learning ARM from scratch has been quite a challenge for me even with some programming knowledge. As I have seen motivated people wanting to learn how to mod as well as the lack of tutorials of how to get started, I decided to write this guide to help people out as well as get help from people that will eventually surpass me.

While I started from scratch, I have been trying to tinker around with IDA Pro and might use some rather advanced terms, please notify me if you do not understand anything so I can make the tutorial easier to understand.

TL;DR

1. Started Legit
  2. Got bored
  3. Leeched hacks
  4. Hacks not what I want
  5. Learnt to make own mod
  6. Now want to teach others how to mod

Required Tools

·         IDA Pro 6.1

·         HxD

·         WinRaR for extracting the apk file

·         ARM to ASM Converter

Optional Tools

Here are some extra files that are good for your reading reference/ modding reference

·         Original 1.1.6 Brave Frontier Global libgame.so

·         Book on ARM

the IDA Pro 6.1 link and Original 1.1.6 Brave Frontier Global libgame.so is the same could u fix it please :) 

BTW thanks for your guide

For non-rooted devices, the people will have to sign the apk first.

Those are the steps I do when signing the apk.

1.All you have to do once you have done what you want with the libgame.so, move it into the apk using WinRAR.

2.Extract the AndroidMulitiool folder into your C:Disk (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7px0d9i51cv5boc/AndroidMultitool_3.3.zip)

3.Copy/ Move the .apk with the modified libgame.so into the files section of the AndroidMultitool (not needed but recommended)

4.Make sure the .apk doesn't have any spaces in the name of it. (Eg: BraveFrontierMod.apk)

5.Go back to the AndroidMultitool folder and run the AndroidMultitool.exe.

6.Go to Signing and click on the ellipses [...] and go to the location of your .apk with the modified libgame.so (C:\AndroidMultitool\Files ; if you moved it to the files section as recommended.)

7.Click sign. 

8.Go to your C:\AndroidMultitools\Signed_apk and you should see name_signed.apk (Eg: BraveFrontierMod_signed.apk)

9.Rename it to whatever you like.

10. Move it to your device, install, and play.

Hi Optimum! Thanks for the guide! I will add it in later on when I get home!

Instruction to do nothing is a NOP ( No Operation ) HEX C0 46 or you can put 00 to make a byte not do anything.

like this

[ 01 20 ] MOVS R0, #1

[ C0 46 ]NOP

or 

[ 01 20 ] MOVS R0, #1

[ 00 00 ]

Instead of repeating code or use other weird looking stuff its better to use those two alternatives.

Hey Anon, Thanks for this tip! Didn't know you could do that (obviously i'm still new) :x Will add that into the guide.

the IDA Pro 6.1 link and Original 1.1.6 Brave Frontier Global libgame.so is the same could u fix it please :)

BTW thanks for your guide

I've fixed the link, hope you are able to mod the game yourself! :)

Hi Optimum! Thanks for the guide! I will add it in later on when I get home!

Hey Anon, Thanks for this tip! Didn't know you could do that (obviously i'm still new) :x Will add that into the guide.

I've fixed the link, hope you are able to mod the game yourself! :)

i'm trying right now :)

btw i have some idea but don't know it possible or not cause i really don't know much about the code

hope some one contact me and give me answer :)

here my email : [email protected]

lol, I can only try. I'm new into these modding stuff too. Just want to help others that are motivated enough to start. Hopefully we can start up a modding community for brave frontier in gg.net and have some exclusives :D