Extremely slow scanning

kik4444

So a few days ago I bought a brand new HTC ONE and transferred all my previous apps into it and I wanted to use GG on a few games and I noticed it's extremely slow. Yes I'm rooted and I even tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling it and still it's extremely slow and it just makes no sense: This is the latest version of GG freshly installed into a powerful and fast quad-core Smartphone yet the very first scan can take up to 5-10 minutes or more and by the time it's done the phone is extremely hot, while the first scan took up around 30-40 seconds MAX on my previous, less powerful phones. Is there any way I can fix this? Could it be something from where it stores data? Cause the HTC ONE doesn't support SD cards.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, no, I'm not doing searches for numbers such as 0 or 1, these random searches for numbers such as 1364, 2571, etc

Sorry, I was gone for a while. What is your temp path? Also, what is your search regions set to?

On some games, it goes on forever and on others, (for example hungry shark evo) it gets results for the 1st scan after about 5-10 full mins. I have busybox if that matters to GG, also the temp is set to mnt/sdcard and it's set to all regions.

• Administrators

On some games, it goes on forever and on others, (for example hungry shark evo) it gets results for the 1st scan after about 5-10 full mins. I have busybox if that matters to GG, also the temp is set to mnt/sdcard and it's set to all regions.

Ok, set temp path to /sdcard, and also you can try setting regions to default, and see if that speeds it up. If searches are still slow, it's something else. Let me know.

Ok, set temp path to /sdcard, and also you can try setting regions to default, and see if that speeds it up. If searches are still slow, it's something else. Let me know.

Thanks, now it's super fast. Apparently the problem was coming from the temp path and changing it to just /sdcard seemed to fixit. Thx!

EDIT: Actually, with the temp path set to just /sdcard, I tried it on hungry shark evo again and it still took a really long time to get the 1st scan results even for a number such as 180005. I also tried setting it to default regions for this game and still the same thing. Do you think it could be something from the game itself? It's a fairly big game, but it didn't take this long on my previous 2 phones...

EDIT2: So after some more tests on games like subway surf, I've come to the conclusion that the temp path is NOT the problem. The game I was testing it on before (game dev story) just seemed to be able to scanned faster or something, I dunno. But I tried subway surf with and WITHOUT a temp path, it scanned just a little bit faster than before, but it still took around 2-3 full mins to get a single address as the 1st result. Also, another thing I forgot to mention, is that I'm using the ROM "Android Evolution HD" and it uses android 4.4 KitKat, I personally think that that might be problem, that GG is not optimized for this android version or am I wrong?

• Administrators

Thanks, now it's super fast. Apparently the problem was coming from the temp path and changing it to just /sdcard seemed to fixit. Thx!

EDIT: Actually, with the temp path set to just /sdcard, I tried it on hungry shark evo again and it still took a really long time to get the 1st scan results even for a number such as 180005. I also tried setting it to default regions for this game and still the same thing. Do you think it could be something from the game itself? It's a fairly big game, but it didn't take this long on my previous 2 phones...

EDIT2: So after some more tests on games like subway surf, I've come to the conclusion that the temp path is NOT the problem. The game I was testing it on before (game dev story) just seemed to be able to scanned faster or something, I dunno. But I tried subway surf with and WITHOUT a temp path, it scanned just a little bit faster than before, but it still took around 2-3 full mins to get a single address as the 1st result. Also, another thing I forgot to mention, is that I'm using the ROM "Android Evolution HD" and it uses android 4.4 KitKat, I personally think that that might be problem, that GG is not optimized for this android version or am I wrong?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, life is busy. Some games take longer. You have to keep in mind, the app is searching through billions of addresses and values. Depending on the number, and how common it is, or even how the app is created, searches can take longer. I think part of the issue is GameGuardian being designed for GB, and not optimized for KK. There's nothing I can do unfortunately.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 years later...