New upload rules for Modded Apps

Sysadmin

• Administrators

Hey guys,

These are the new rules for the modded apps section:

1. Paid application mods cannot be uploaded directly into our system, you must instead use a mirror link. Since this is stealing, we do not want to rob developers of money, and do not want to get ourselves into trouble.
2. All modded APKs must be uploaded directly into the download section (with the exception of paid applications), not link's to other sites. This removes the entire purpose of the downloads system, and make users wait for extended periods of time.
3. If you got a mod from another user, be sure to give them credit in the file description.
4. App icon/images should be 124x124. For Play Store images, this can be done by changing "=w300-rw" to "=w124-rw".
5. If you would like to have the type of mod as a prefix by using the "Use first tag as prefix" option, be sure to only use 1 of these categories/tags: Unlimited Money, Unlimited Everything, Mod.
6. Please include the following tags in each file (in this order): Mod type, Game name, Game publisher, other mod types/attributes, "Mod" (without quotes).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I see no reason why uploading saved data from a paid app is an issue at all. As uploading the app is piracy but you are just sharing you own data so that is not :)

You are right, but i think it's important to clarify that the savegames must be ONLY the app data, because the apparently inoffensive savegame could contain an entire app (applications like TBKU can make a complete backup), and if they aren't identified, could represent troubles for the site. 

No worries. Fixed it for you ;)

Thanks D2Dyno :) , but lol, at the moment i see my second reply i realise of my Necromancy!, replying a year later...

Lesson: don't reply on forums if you are tired and are late at night. XD