Why You encrypt your scripts ?

XEKEX

I just have this question in mind for long time and I'm asking it now Why You encrypt your scripts ?
copy-paste people isn't a good reason for me idk if there is a reason to it plz explain to me.

6 hours ago, XEKEX said:

I just have this question in mind for long time and I'm asking it now Why You encrypt your scripts ?
copy-paste people isn't a good reason for me idk if there is a reason to it plz explain to me.

Personally i think the only good reason to obfuscate or make script unreadable is when your selling it or if your making a script that acts more as a tool or if your working as some organisation. But i also understand if someone is taking credits for your work that you want to protect your scripts. Personally i was like that. Always caring about other people their scripts checking if they did not copy anything, values or blocks of code or the whole script from me and putting it online with no credits or claiming they made it, i felt like i was looking for something that wasn't there. Now i understand that it has little of importance to me personally. It's about the mind set because you can make something to prove to others that your better or whatever and not give them access to source. But its best to make scripts to show to your self that your improving, do it for you. So then you dont need to care that people take things. It's just such a small thing to care about as an individual that make GG scripts. Also if your good with GG scripting its a good thing people can open your scripts and learn from it (i find). -personal opinion

I asked this question myself

On 1/21/2023 at 3:02 AM, XEKEX said:

and now I stopped script encryption. They encrypt to adopt and customize.  Maybe I wanted to slow down the decryptor a little bit

Archived