Answer my question please

Saif1231

Question

3 answers to this question

On 11/26/2022 at 2:18 AM, Saif1231 said:

Can i hack my friends in a game using game guardian?

You can't just modify someone else his speed. You only modify with GG the client data. But if you modify your client data which the server shares with other clients then it could be possible to impact them as well. Simple example if you had a game that has a roll button that can be used every 3 sec, for each time you press that roll button the other clients receive the info through the server that you rolled. Now imagen they have some simple servers that don't deal well with unexpected behaviour, In fact they lett pass through any info from the client to server to other clients. 

You change the frames so that whenever you press the roll button you send 100+ roll commands to the server. This can mess up the way the server receives/shares that information(depending on the protocols they use as well). This can make the other players freeze or lag severely because instead of 1 roll minimum every 3 sec, it is 100+ rolls.

Like hacking their speed

The speed of your friends is shared with your client. But, a typical server will rely on your friends clients info. Not yours. So even if you modify on your client their speed(location), the server will just update their new location. Don't forget that the "speed" is just some frames that are updated every 0.03sec(more or less depending on delta time), server sends updates of other players location to you so that the game makes sure that you see them on your client on the same position as your friends are.

But the default game speed of a client resides in the apk...as it is build from the game engine. So "maby" if you had the perfect scenario where the client is just a shell and in fact relies on the coordinates stored on the server, it then could be possible to somehow get access to that server which interact with the clients of your friends to make it send different coordinates to their clients. But then it wont be speed hack but you do enforce your desired location on their clients. But never saw it...and its just a theory based on my understanding of client/servers

kicking them from the room even if i am not the host?

I guess...if the game already has a kicking function you could make it so that all the host options remains on your screen, even if your not host...its not guaranteed this works though. Just speculating. Only kicking im familiar with is by freezing their screen. After sometime they all disconnect. But you cant really control it on individuals.

But now i think about it, 6 tears ago or something i used to have this cheat for pixel gun 3d in which i could kick players out of the match and automatically start a new match. I did not had to be host either. If i recall i messed with match timing.

So it does means you don't always need to go to deep...sometimes you can just do it on your client because the game has some bug.

Hi!, All depends on the game itself. I'll try to explain it in Summary:

Can i hack my friends in a game using game guardian?

Yes and No, Let's take a look on 3 general model:

• - Client Seedings: Where each Player shares the game state and the server only distribute that to other Players. This model allow us to change other Player properties. For Example in Among US where an Innocent can simply Kill other people by accessing Impostor Panels from Client Sided (Have been Patched)
  • - Server Seedings: Each Player sends data,will be Reserved on the Server. When You changing other Player properties, the Server will simply Override it with the reserved Data. This causes reverted Value to Original State
  • - Semi Server Seedings: The Server will only Override values from Room Owner/Authorized User. Take an Example again from Among US, as long You're a Room Owner, You can change the probability of being an Impostor to (100%) Always You as the Impostor.

Like hacking their speed

You can, except if the game use "Server-Seedings". Since most game have are using this Model, this doesn't make it Impossible to change Other Player Properties, just only different Approach. This require some Network Engineering and dealing with Game API or Overwriting data from game sockets.

• - Game API: This particularly sends custom data/payloads to specific Game Address that are secured with short-time Key. It works by changing User ID and send custom game state inside the Payload. I've talked about this here: Game API with Postman.
  • - Overwriting Sockets: This called as MITM (Man In The Middle Attack). To do this, You need to setup a custom Proxy that listen to Game Connection. How this works is: Our Sended data will be Overwrited and then sended to Server (Player > Proxy > Server). The Proxy will Overwrite the data with Custom UserID and Custom Game State, this is usefull if the game use UDP. For Example: Pixel Gun 3D Websockets Decryptor or Minecraft Gopher Tunnel.

kicking them from the room even if i am not the host?

Yep, this should-be Possible. Unless It's a "Server-Seeding" game with Protection:

• - Game API are unusable if it's requires a Key that's from Account Authentication (Email:Password)
  • - MITM Attack are unusable if it's contain Metadata in order the socket to be accepted.

Archived