Trying to find weapons and armor values, and creating new ones

Destatianon

I'm playing a game called Dungeon RPG. It's basically a Wizardry style game. I've got items and gear that my character can use, and while Items and even gems are hackable just fine, the way weapons and armor works really confuse me. For one, they don't seem to stack the same way items do. If I have 99 elixirs, I can search for 99 and one of the search results will be what I'm after. If I do the same thing with 99 bronze claws, I don't get that lucky. I'm not that smart when it comes to hacking, but my guess is that each item takes up one block of memory while each individual weapon has its own block, and then the game figures out how many blocks share the same details and adds it together. I think this is how it works, as weapons can also be upgraded and still count towards the total amount owned. So 98 Bronze claws and 1 Bronze claw+1 still reads as 99 by the game.

So I'm kind of confused how to search for this. I can buy, upgrade and sell items easily so modifying values isn't difficult, but I don't know how to find the block of data a weapon or armor is taking up. Ideally I want to be able to copy data from one weapon to another, as not every weapon is obtainable through the shop. Thanks for any help.

Hi, possible for send game link? Are you sure that elixirs and bronze claws are same data types?

22 hours ago, Destatianon said:

Ideally I want to be able to copy data from one weapon to another, as not every weapon is obtainable through the shop. Thanks for any help.

That copying data from weapon to other weapon, is like you want to modify the stats of a existing weapon with one that is not avaible through shop?

On 10/21/2022 at 5:49 AM, Destatianon said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.shiftup.dung&hl=en&gl=US

give it a shot. And no I'm not sure weapons/armor and items are the same data types. The ingame menus treat them as such, but I have no idea whats happening in the background.

Oke, how can i get those elexirs. Im a bit confused what i need to do to get those items.

Elixirs, claws, neither matter. Go to the shop and buy whatever with your ingame gold. Something like cure grass. Those values are the easy ones. Buy 10, search for 10, buy another 10, search for 20, bam you've got the value.

Its the other side, the weapons, armor, rings, etc, that I can't seem to get a value on.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:58 AM, Destatianon said:

Elixirs, claws, neither matter. Go to the shop and buy whatever with your ingame gold. Something like cure grass. Those values are the easy ones. Buy 10, search for 10, buy another 10, search for 20, bam you've got the value.

Its the other side, the weapons, armor, rings, etc, that I can't seem to get a value on.

Oke, it doesn't seem to be found with obvious approaches. I believe the value must be static because when i use unknown or encrypted search value nothing happens when buying swords. Possible im editing wrong way. I dont have issue with getting 99 swords by putting the gold value to zero... I believe 99 is the limit either way. But i don't directly find the possessions value it self like you can do with Items. 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:59 AM, Platonic said:

Oke, it doesn't seem to be found with obvious approaches. I believe the value must be static because when i use unknown or encrypted search value nothing happens when buying swords. Possible im editing wrong way. I dont have issue with getting 99 swords by putting the gold value to zero... I believe 99 is the limit either way. But i don't directly find the possessions value it self like you can do with Items. 

Okay now I see. I didn't have the Other region enabled. Jeez, thanks. I can edit it now. New issue is finding which item I want. Most of the gear is only gotten through drops, so I can't just sell and rebuy the items like I do with the beast claws, and usually I only have one item to play with

Edit: And it looks like equipping an item actually reduces how much you possess. I think I've got this all figured out now. Thanks a bunch

Archived