Need Help Finding a Pointer

Gootah

Question

Hello,

I can find a working enemy health value in the game. If I set the value to 1, the enemy displays 1 heath and dies in 1 hit. I have to search for the enemy HP value every time an instance starts as the old value is no longer valid.

When I use pointer search, no values are returned. When I use the "Go to pointer xxxxxx" I get to the same pointer every time based on the the enemy's HP value. For example, if I set the enemy's health to 500, I will get pointer A. If I set the value to 1, I get pointer B, This is regardless of the current offset value. I'm new to pointer searching and would like to accomplish this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: And the pointers only display a XOR value, so possibly difficult to find. I'm watching the XOR video now.

1 answer to this question

On 10/16/2022 at 7:38 AM, Gootah said:

Hello,

I can find a working enemy health value in the game. If I set the value to 1, the enemy displays 1 heath and dies in 1 hit. I have to search for the enemy HP value every time an instance starts as the old value is no longer valid.

When I use pointer search, no values are returned. When I use the "Go to pointer xxxxxx" I get to the same pointer every time based on the the enemy's HP value. For example, if I set the enemy's health to 500, I will get pointer A. If I set the value to 1, I get pointer B, This is regardless of the current offset value. I'm new to pointer searching and would like to accomplish this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: And the pointers only display a XOR value, so possibly difficult to find. I'm watching the XOR video now.

Make video, and game name on how you find the value, pointer.

Archived