how to change arm/hex code

ahmuq

Question

im new in game guardian, i want to learn it.

I wanna asking how to change arm code in game guardian, im already found the offset, i wanna change the gold, somebody tell me for changing the value you must be use arm/hex code, but i don't know where option to change the arm code.

the offset is, i found in dump file. i don't know this real offset or no. but i wanna try first

/ RVA: 0xC997F4 Offset: 0xC997F4 VA: 0xC997F4
 public static string GetCoinsValue(int value) { }

The image found offset in game guardian

https://ibb.co/sJ3pLSr

and this image i want to change the value, but the option no have change arm/hex code

https://ibb.co/0Z39Th3

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ahmuq said:

im new in game guardian, i want to learn it.

I wanna asking how to change arm code in game guardian, im already found the offset, i wanna change the gold, somebody tell me for changing the value you must be use arm/hex code, but i don't know where option to change the arm code.

the offset is, i found in dump file. i don't know this real offset or no. but i wanna try first

The image found offset in game guardian

https://ibb.co/sJ3pLSr

and this image i want to change the value, but the option no have change arm/hex code

https://ibb.co/0Z39Th3

Hi! you're mixing the difference with address, offset and values. The one in the screenshot is values of hex C9 97 F4, you put the offset as Hex string/Array of Bytes scans. To get your offset works; get the base address and adds it with your offset. If the base address is 7a51ed0 and your offset is 114484; the end result would be: 7a51ed0 + 114484 = 7B66354 (Note that; the end result is absolute address and it's your target). So the difference is:

• 1) Address is the memory location, it can be exact or reference. For example; it's like the location of your house. You can mention the full address or via instructional form at #2)
  • 2) Offset; is a displacement of your address. Meaning; if your address is at Pavement Road, then the offset to your house is: walk 100 meter straight and turn left (Example). This also include games memory, so you need to find the base address first and adds it with your offset (Base address + 0xC997F4 =Coins)
  • 3) Now, the game values can also presented in Hex, not just Address/Offset. I've already mention the point above. 

To find the base address; you can inspect further the dump file and see it there's also a base address. If not; check where the coins value are stored in Game Library/OBB:

• 1) For example; if your coins are stored somewhere in the game library; you need to take first 10-16 "Hex string" /"Array of Bytes" of your game lib, thus will give you an address. You can use that as base address and see if it's working. If there's 1+ more than game libs; you need to try it one by one. The same thing applies with OBB or player-preferences; where the number of coins can be stored
  • 2) Alternatively you can do a shell command to mention which game component are stored:

for i in $(pidof com.kiloo.subwaysurf); do cat /proc/$i/maps; done

It will print any game files stored in memory; it will print as memory/address range. For example; 3000 - 4000, you need to take 3000 as your base address.

• 3) For online games / games that coins are saved on the server; you can't change the coins using this way; it requires more advanced way to get it. If the coins still hackable even it's saved on online account (Example: Facebook for Subway Surf); you need to find the coins address and save it as pointer. Basically an offset; pointer = base address + offset = coins address. 

If you're confused on how to calculate the base address + offset without pointer, you can use: Hex Calculator

You can still change the instruction using Hex again, the same way you search it or edit it as a string.

1 hour ago, MainC said:

Hi! you're mixing the difference with address, offset and values. The one in the screenshot is values of hex C9 97 F4, you put the offset as Hex string/Array of Bytes scans. To get your offset works; get the base address and adds it with your offset. If the base address is 7a51ed0 and your offset is 114484; the end result would be: 7a51ed0 + 114484 = 7B66354 (Note that; the end result is absolute address and it's your target). So the difference is:

• 1) Address is the memory location, it can be exact or reference. For example; it's like the location of your house. You can mention the full address or via instructional form at #2)
  • 2) Offset; is a displacement of your address. Meaning; if your address is at Pavement Road, then the offset to your house is: walk 100 meter straight and turn left (Example). This also include games memory, so you need to find the base address first and adds it with your offset (Base address + 0xC997F4 =Coins)
  • 3) Now, the game values can also presented in Hex, not just Address/Offset. I've already mention the point above. 

To find the base address; you can inspect further the dump file and see it there's also a base address. If not; check where the coins value are stored in Game Library/OBB:

• 1) For example; if your coins are stored somewhere in the game library; you need to take first 10-16 "Hex string" /"Array of Bytes" of your game lib, thus will give you an address. You can use that as base address and see if it's working. If there's 1+ more than game libs; you need to try it one by one. The same thing applies with OBB or player-preferences; where the number of coins can be stored
  • 2) Alternatively you can do a shell command to mention which game component are stored:

for i in $(pidof com.kiloo.subwaysurf); do cat /proc/$i/maps; done

It will print any game files stored in memory; it will print as memory/address range. For example; 3000 - 4000, you need to take 3000 as your base address.

• 3) For online games / games that coins are saved on the server; you can't change the coins using this way; it requires more advanced way to get it. If the coins still hackable even it's saved on online account (Example: Facebook for Subway Surf); you need to find the coins address and save it as pointer. Basically an offset; pointer = base address + offset = coins address. 

If you're confused on how to calculate the base address + offset without pointer, you can use: Hex Calculator

You can still change the instruction using Hex again, the same way you search it or edit it as a string.

Hi! thanks for answer very helpful. But im really confused with how to find base address, do you have reference or any tutorial for find base address?, im already find tutorial in google or youtube. there so many tutorial find base address with cheat engine.

Archived