Fresh beginners help

shubhamyadav

Question

Hello 👋 sir,

I am fresh beginners in game hacking and cracking.

I have doubt. 

What is  memory Range?

what is  lib ?

what is il2cpp?

What is offsets?

And 

How offsets work.

What does offsets really is.

11 answers to this question

On 9/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, shubhamyadav said:

Hello 👋 sir,

I have doubt. 

Maby reading the following sources helps:

On 9/19/2022 at 3:40 PM, Alessa- said:

What is  memory Range?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_segment

what is  lib ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_(computing)

what is il2cpp?

Maby it helps to know how it works: 

https://docs.unity3d.com/560/Documentation/Manual/IL2CPP-HowItWorks.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/IL2CPP.html#HowItWorks

What is offsets?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(computer_science)

Lib means library files of a game you need to dump them to get offsets

distance between 2 values is called offset

Il2cpp is a library file also know as libil2cpp.so which is mostly used to hack game like one hit kill and a.i won't attack and these library files are used to make mod menus  also used in gg too but game must have libil2cpp.so file or else crash

Edited by DARK_DEMON_SCRIPTER

On 9/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, shubhamyadav said:

Hello 👋 sir,

I have doubt. 

What is  memory Range?

what is  lib ?

what is il2cpp?

What is offsets?

And 

How offsets work.

What does offsets really is.

il2cpp > game from unity engine

What is  memory Range?

Hi! I'm trying to answer as easy as possible, hopefully it's also easy to understand. Starts off the first one; Memory range is 'How long the Memory'. First of all, Memory is consist of many addresses. In that memory, there's App data that currently processed/used by the app. To understand memory range, let's take a real-life example: there's a library, it has many rack of books.

• - Cooking books are served in the last 8-9 rack
  • - Utensils are in the first - 3 row and
  • - Novels is on upstairs.

From this; you can get the idea on how the memory works:

• - 8-9 rack are location range of Cooking books
  • - Utensils are stored in 1-3 row range, and
  • - Novels is on upstairs (It's related to offset, we going to talk about it next) 

what is  lib ?

Libs is a Library; it contains saved data that app will use to run. There's a memory-range with various data related to players, weapon, etc. It's the same as a Book Library we talked about earlier, it contains many rack of books for people to read. There's a range place of cooking books, novels and etc.

what is il2cpp?

It's the name of Unity Games Library. Unity is a game engine; that people use to make games. So, if a game is made from Unity; it has many chance from being similar from another unity game. Each game engine has it's own unique library name and data-structure; in Unreal Engine 4, the lib naming is LibUE4.so. You shouldn't be worry about this, it's just a naming; the same as a product brand.

What is offsets?
How offsets work.
What does offsets really is

So.. Offsets.. It's a displacement or an instructional form to get into your destination. In Memory; There's address. It's the same to regular address in real-life. Taking an example from earlier; Rack 8 and Rack 9 is address for Cooking books; Row 1, 2, and 3 is address for Utensils. The different is: Memory Address is written like this: 01234567 in Hex form. For clarity; Hex can also be written like this

• - 01 23 45 67
  • - 0x01234567
  • - 0x01 0x23 0x45 0x67

Alright, let's dive into Offsets. Offset is how to get into your address, in instructional form. Again, we going to use the same example: Let's say you're on a library and you want to read a cooking book. So the offset to cooking book is:

• - From the entrance, walk straight to the end
  • - Turn right into rack 8

Now, in Memory; again let's say that you want to get into 12345678 address, the offsets would be:

• - From base/first address 00 00 00 00
  • - Add 12 34 56 78 (00000000 + 12345678 = 12345678)

Let's do another example: if you're on Address 00 A0 and want to reach 01 50; you can do (00 A0 + 00 B0 = 01 50). If you're confused with hexing, you can experiment with: Hex Calculator

On 9/20/2022 at 3:18 AM, under_score said:

not all unity games have il2cpp.

developers can choose to enable or disable il2cpp.

So, how to hack if dev disable the il2cpp? do we have to find the value manually like looking for the numbers 0.1~1, 1.1~3?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:59 PM, MC189 said:

Hi! I'm trying to answer as easy as possible, hopefully it's also easy to understand. Starts off the first one; Memory range is 'How long the Memory'. First of all, Memory is consist of many addresses. In that memory, there's App data that currently processed/used by the app. To understand memory range, let's take a real-life example: there's a library, it has many rack of books.

• - Cooking books are served in the last 8-9 rack
  • - Utensils are in the first - 3 row and
  • - Novels is on upstairs.

From this; you can get the idea on how the memory works:

• - 8-9 rack are location range of Cooking books
  • - Utensils are stored in 1-3 row range, and
  • - Novels is on upstairs (It's related to offset, we going to talk about it next) 

Libs is a Library; it contains saved data that app will use to run. There's a memory-range with various data related to players, weapon, etc. It's the same as a Book Library we talked about earlier, it contains many rack of books for people to read. There's a range place of cooking books, novels and etc.

It's the name of Unity Games Library. Unity is a game engine; that people use to make games. So, if a game is made from Unity; it has many chance from being similar from another unity game. Each game engine has it's own unique library name and data-structure; in Unreal Engine 4, the lib naming is LibUE4.so. You shouldn't be worry about this, it's just a naming; the same as a product brand.

So.. Offsets.. It's a displacement or an instructional form to get into your destination. In Memory; There's address. It's the same to regular address in real-life. Taking an example from earlier; Rack 8 and Rack 9 is address for Cooking books; Row 1, 2, and 3 is address for Utensils. The different is: Memory Address is written like this: 01234567 in Hex form. For clarity; Hex can also be written like this

• - 01 23 45 67
  • - 0x01234567
  • - 0x01 0x23 0x45 0x67

Alright, let's dive into Offsets. Offset is how to get into your address, in instructional form. Again, we going to use the same example: Let's say you're on a library and you want to read a cooking book. So the offset to cooking book is:

• - From the entrance, walk straight to the end
  • - Turn right into rack 8

Now, in Memory; again let's say that you want to get into 12345678 address, the offsets would be:

• - From base/first address 00 00 00 00
  • - Add 12 34 56 78 (00000000 + 12345678 = 12345678)

Let's do another example: if you're on Address 00 A0 and want to reach 01 50; you can do (00 A0 + 00 B0 = 01 50). If you're confused with hexing, you can experiment with: Hex Calculator

I don't have il2cpp, is this normal or do I need to reinstall?

[ @Stillo ]
---
It is normal. Libil2cpp or LibUE4 is popular because there's a lot reference to that, it is a library where the game stores many in-game datas. If your game doesn't have this, you would likely to find the value manually, differs to Libil2cpp.so; where there's many tools that allows you to see the game datas from that library.
---

On 6/28/2023 at 12:05 PM, Xaviesz said:

[ @Stillo ]
---
It is normal. Libil2cpp or LibUE4 is popular because there's a lot reference to that, it is a library where the game stores many in-game datas. If your game doesn't have this, you would likely to find the value manually, differs to Libil2cpp.so; where there's many tools that allows you to see the game datas from that library.
---

I'm just still new to this. What is the best toolkit?