Is it hard to mod pg3d?

qwer098

Question

It may seem like a stupid question, but I'm rather serious about this. I've been interested in modding PG3D (especially aimbot / hitbox) for a long time, and it's been about a month since I put it into practice.

I surfed the web for as little as 30 minutes, or several hours, almost every day, and went to various sites and communities to gather information. There was information that was old and unusable, but there was definitely a lot of useful information.

But nevertheless, I have made no progress in modding the game. I'm a complete beginner at modding games, and I know that studying coding takes a lot of time.

I think it might be impossible for me to model PG3D now. Is it difficult to modding this game? I'm look forward to advice from anyone who has experience about this...

8 answers to this question

9 hours ago, qwer098 said:

It may seem like a stupid question, but I'm rather serious about this. I've been interested in modding PG3D (especially aimbot / hitbox) for a long time, and it's been about a month since I put it into practice.

I surfed the web for as little as 30 minutes, or several hours, almost every day, and went to various sites and communities to gather information. There was information that was old and unusable, but there was definitely a lot of useful information.

But nevertheless, I have made no progress in modding the game. I'm a complete beginner at modding games, and I know that studying coding takes a lot of time.

I think it might be impossible for me to model PG3D now. Is it difficult to modding this game? I'm look forward to advice from anyone who has experience about this...

PG3D is a very easy game to mod. The only things standing in the way are manual (and crappy) obfuscation of names, multiple methods of signature verification, dword value encryption, and trap values. However, the pg3d modding community is very toxic and full of beggars and script kiddies, so be warned!

9 hours ago, qwer098 said:

What information have you looked at? If you want to make aimbot / hitbox, you should try hex patching or external hooking.

3 hours ago, HorridModz said:

PG3D is a very easy game to mod. The only things standing in the way are manual (and crappy) obfuscation of names, multiple methods of signature verification, dword value encryption, and trap values. However, the pg3d modding community is very toxic and full of beggars and script kiddies, so be warned!

What information have you looked at? If you want to make aimbot / hitbox, you should try hex patching or external hooking.

Wow, an amazing person answered! Thank you very much.

As you said, the PG3D community was quite toxic. There's a lot of kids begging around, and modders who are tired of it are nervous and stop updating or switch to paid. I feel sorry.
I learned some very basic ways to mod unity games using il2cpp files, such as dumping il2cpp, reading .dll files using dnspy, modifying Hex codes using HxD, and  basic knowledge of Gameguardian tools.

As you said, what holding me back was obfuscated .dll files and trap values that would instantly ban me. The same goes for float values that are not dword values.
I once learned how to unpack the unity assets to try modding the obb file, but it was too difficult for my level and I put it on hold because I thought there would be no problem making the basic aimbot or hitbox mod without it. I've never heard of external hooking before. I'll have to study it. Thank you very much for your kind reply.

10 hours ago, HorridModz said:

@HorridModz I looked up about external hooking. I don't know if this is what you said, it's a Python-based program called FRIDA that hacks the game by hooking from the outside without modding the apk directly. With this and offset found through dump.cs, I think I can mod Unity-based games.

7 hours ago, qwer098 said:

@HorridModz I looked up about external hooking. I don't know if this is what you said, it's a Python-based program called FRIDA that hacks the game by hooking from the outside without modding the apk directly. With this and offset found through dump.cs, I think I can mod Unity-based games.

External hooking is a technique, not a tool. Frida happens to be one of the ways to do it. It is a more advanced technique that you should avoid until you are more experienced.

14 hours ago, qwer098 said:

Wow, an amazing person answered! Thank you very much.

As you said, the PG3D community was quite toxic. There's a lot of kids begging around, and modders who are tired of it are nervous and stop updating or switch to paid. I feel sorry.
I learned some very basic ways to mod unity games using il2cpp files, such as dumping il2cpp, reading .dll files using dnspy, modifying Hex codes using HxD, and  basic knowledge of Gameguardian tools.

As you said, what holding me back was obfuscated .dll files and trap values that would instantly ban me. The same goes for float values that are not dword values.
I once learned how to unpack the unity assets to try modding the obb file, but it was too difficult for my level and I put it on hold because I thought there would be no problem making the basic aimbot or hitbox mod without it. I've never heard of external hooking before. I'll have to study it. Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Obfuscation is a problem, but luckily, it is very weak. Also, the game version 16.6.1 is unobfuscated, giving us an excellent reference to compare with the obfuscated version. Contact me on discord (User123456789#6424) and I can show you multiple methods to defeat this obfuscation.

4 hours ago, HorridModz said:

External hooking is a technique, not a tool. Frida happens to be one of the ways to do it. It is a more advanced technique that you should avoid until you are more experienced.

Obfuscation is a problem, but luckily, it is very weak. Also, the game version 16.6.1 is unobfuscated, giving us an excellent reference to compare with the obfuscated version. Contact me on discord (User123456789#6424) and I can show you multiple methods to defeat this obfuscation.

Okay, then I'll have to focus on hex editing again. I will contact you through discord when I need your help. Thank you very much for your answer. You've been a great help to me!

5 hours ago, ShotinmybagXD1234 said:

I believe in you got this

I'm still going through trial and error because I'm a total beginner. In fact, I haven't achieved anything right so far. However, if you keep trying, I think you will achieve meaningful results someday.

Archived