Game Guardian floating icon is frozen (glitched)

Flammable

Question

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's device-related or something else, but I have Redmi Note 11 (Stock ROM Android 11), of course, rooted. When I installed game guardian before two weeks, I do not remember if it was okay, but the last three days noticed an issue with GG floating icon. When starting the GG floating icon popup fine and can use the floating window without any issue, then open the game, which changes the rotation of the screen to a horizontal and the floating icon is not working (staying vertically) and Do not rotate with the screen; it can't open the floating window when tapping on it. When minimizing game either fixes or stays broken unless again open GG (without pressing start again ) and then pressing the back button...  This glitch makes using GG impossible. 
Today found that I have a notification for GG "Click to show Game Guardian" or something like this, and when I click it in-game, it opens the floating windows fine. Then, if press X to close the GG floating windows, the floating icon is rotated correctly and works unless I exit the game, then it's not working on my horizontal display ; (
Any ideas what are the issues here and how can fix this weird thing instead of clicking the notification all the time when the screen rotates...? Is it possible to be an issue with display on top of other apps and Android version bug?

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Flammable said:

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's device-related or something else, but I have Redmi Note 11 (Stock ROM Android 11), of course, rooted. When I installed game guardian before two weeks, I do not remember if it was okay, but the last three days noticed an issue with GG floating icon. When starting the GG floating icon popup fine and can use the floating window without any issue, then open the game, which changes the rotation of the screen to a horizontal and the floating icon is not working (staying vertically) and Do not rotate with the screen; it can't open the floating window when tapping on it. When minimizing game either fixes or stays broken unless again open GG (without pressing start again ) and then pressing the back button...  This glitch makes using GG impossible. 
Today found that I have a notification for GG "Click to show Game Guardian" or something like this, and when I click it in-game, it opens the floating windows fine. Then, if press X to close the GG floating windows, the floating icon is rotated correctly and works unless I exit the game, then it's not working on my horizontal display ; (
Any ideas what are the issues here and how can fix this weird thing instead of clicking the notification all the time when the screen rotates...? Is it possible to be an issue with display on top of other apps and Android version bug?

Clear all data and try again 🤷

6 hours ago, Flammable said:

Hello,

Hi! Xiaomi users here, i can confirm that this issue does happen oftenly using MIUI 10, i'm not sure if its fixed on newer MIUI. Here's my way to fix it:

• 1) Do Force Stop on GG and clearing Cache as well, don't erase GG Data if you want to keep your script directory. GG Floating Icon now should temporarily fixed but it might comes back after multiple screen rotation or re-open GG after quitting.
  • 2) I always use manual Screen Rotation app from PlayStore, it will force any apps to change it's screen rotation including GG.

2 hours ago, MainC said:

Hi! Xiaomi users here, i can confirm that this issue does happen oftenly using MIUI 10, i'm not sure if its fixed on newer MIUI. Here's my way to fix it:

• 1) Do Force Stop on GG and clearing Cache as well, don't erase GG Data if you want to keep your script directory. GG Floating Icon now should temporarily fixed but it might comes back after multiple screen rotation or re-open GG after quitting.
  • 2) I always use manual Screen Rotation app from PlayStore, it will force any apps to change it's screen rotation including GG.

Thanks for the fast reply. I already tried to reinstall the app as MANDO01 said but still the same issue... When installed GG I am 99% sure that modified one farming game on my phone without issues and was able to open the floating icon then broke at some point. I will try your tip to clear cache, force stops the app, and won't erase data... (I do not have data anyways like scripts but not gonna waste time to clearing it and doing setups/settings again.) Also, I have no idea if there is a bug again or if it's normal just noticed GG floating icon does not go past the notch border, and floating windows it's not scaled on the full screen from left and right when using horizontal orientation. (anyways the last thing is not an important issue)

For now I will continue to tap the notification in the notification bar bar for "app uses display on other apps" / "tap to open gameguardian windows" but if have more problems might consider to check the manual screen rotation app.
Can I have the issue because disable auto screen orientation on my phone all the time?

24 minutes ago, Flammable said:

Thanks for the fast reply. I already tried to reinstall the app as MANDO01 said but still the same issue... When installed GG I am 99% sure that modified one farming game on my phone without issues and was able to open the floating icon then broke at some point. I will try your tip to clear cache, force stops the app, and won't erase data... (I do not have data anyways like scripts but not gonna waste time to clearing it and doing setups/settings again.) Also, I have no idea if there is a bug again or if it's normal just noticed GG floating icon does not go past the notch border, and floating windows it's not scaled on the full screen from left and right when using horizontal orientation. (anyways the last thing is not an important issue)

For now I will continue to tap the notification in the notification bar bar for "app uses display on other apps" / "tap to open gameguardian windows" but if have more problems might consider to check the manual screen rotation app.
Can I have the issue because disable auto screen orientation on my phone all the time?

You can try old version maybe it will work 🤷🤔

Maybe but what I can do? Is there Magisk module which can fix the issue or app that can apply a fix? Tried to find the manual Screen Rotation app from PlayStore suggested by Main C but no success.

Archived