Can't hack decimal values, pls help!

Jennie1998

Question

I want to hack locations exploring level in Seekers Notes. I tried to search for values, double or floats, or auto. The first search finds thousands of results, but after I change the value in game and then search for that value again, it returns 0 result. Or when I thought I found the value and changed it but after that there is nothing happened. 

I want to change 11.2 to 100

PS. It worked normally with the value that does not have a decimal, such as 18, 26, or 60 (I used Dword) 

Can somebody help me please? I'll be really thankful to you. 

IMG_20220807_233715.jpg

IMG_20220807_233728.jpg

IMG_20220807_233744.jpg

9 answers to this question

Hello Jennie1998,

Please note:

• Value is dword.
  • Value is different for each progress rate and object location
  • Decreasing value = increasing % per play

How value is found:

First thing to try would be searching for nearby values because i could not find that process rate value directly either. Since the game starts with the Cafe i look there.

Start with group searching the values from up to down(ignore symbols first): 75;60;19::

I get results, refine to 75. Use increment by 1 on the results to see if anything happens to desired value. 

75 became 84, refine 84(make sure you reverted all other values to avoid crash)

We must go to address of the value..to inspect if your process rate value is there. We first should analyze the structure, so we know more or less the range in which we should edit.

We can see values that represent the same as on the board. 84, 60 and 19. As shown on the board. Since they are all dword values properly structured it seems to resemble a some data that represents stats. The stats visible on that board.

We don't see anywhere the value 100, yet in memory it shows that value. Since it is a dword value between the 60 and 19 (known values) it should not be harmful to edit that value. I edit it to zero. Then switch board and return so that effects have taken.

Value changed from 0% to NaN%, We play a game, you finish it in one go.

IMG_20220810_230058.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-09-28-862_com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-09-46-675_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-10-26-246_com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-12-18-087_com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.jpg

IMG_20220810_231553.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-22-01-069_com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-10-23-22-04-064_com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.jpg

Made a quick script just in case. Finding the values manually for each object location and progress level seems tiring as all values are all different. The script loads every process rate value for each location. Execute and edit all values to zero and it will give same results as above.

com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.lua

Edited by Platonic

4 hours ago, Platonic said:

Made a quick script just in case. Finding the values manually for each object location and progress level seems tiring as all values are all different. The script loads every process rate value for each location. Execute and edit all values to zero and it will give same results as above.

com.mytona.seekersnotes.android.lua 1.58 kB · 1 download

the script doesnt working.

no results found.

did you double check it?

Edited by MonkeySAN

1 hour ago, MonkeySAN said:

the script doesnt working.

no results found.

did you double check it?

Tested on Memu 32 bit apk which only uses region A and a Xiaomi phone 64 bit apk Which is Ca before uploading. Both worked. If not emulator you must select region Ca. Where did the issue occure?

I would suggest to do some prints on the script so we can find the issue. 

• Is instruction set architecture value correct as in your apk? (If not then script uses wrong offsets), (return instructionSetArchitecture)
  • Do you get 500+ results when first qword search happen?(make sure to try region (A, Ca, O) manually(just for sure)
  • If above two are working correct it can be that your offsets for the pointers are different after the search. (Which would be strange, but you can check it manually)

Check manually(this is for the first process level of Cafe): group search: 180D;35D;20D;4D;7D;10D;0D;0D;19D:33

18 or 9 results.

Refine 4D

Go to address of one of the two(there function is same)

Go to address. You should see two pointers. They point to same address. 64bit -> - 0x1C and 32bit -> - 0x14

Go to pointer. Then you should see a string named .types = 126,879,515,898,890 and a pointer above that. Pointer should be 64bit -> 0x10 and 32bit -> 0x8 from the value 126,879,515,898,890. That pointer points back to the address where we saw two pointers. You have that?

Screenshot_2022-08-11-06-51-38-406_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-11-06-51-58-397_com.android.chrome.jpg

Way out of range. 

Tagged pointer is one problem, Bigger problem is that it is the value that has the needed pointers near it which is out of range.

Haven't find any other pointers that are properly ordered to get the desired values. Except for manually group searching.

If manual group search is the only way then i suggest to install 32 bit apk of the game.

Then script will work.