Finding value - Max boundary | hit registration

Platonic

Question

Hi, i have an issue and not sure how to solve it.

The game im trying to cheat is named Guns Of Boom.

I want to do a bullet a hack but i only get it done for 50%. Im not getting everything i need for have it completed. Basically when i shoot it must shoot the target i want to shoot. Even if i don't aim to it. The game implements raycasting instead of actual projectiles for do the hits on the object, so there are no coordinates that i can use for modify the raycast on desired character or at least im not aware of it. So instead i use the user ID of a player, which does a half a** job as it only inflicts damage on the desired player when i shoot at a other random player. But it would for example ignore objects like walls and stuff, Before the shot data is being send to the server you can modify the user ID of who gets hit. But the problem with that is that when im to far out of range the damage does not seems to count. I would like to find the value that represent that range so that i can increase that boudary so that from any range the damage would be inflicted on the desired target. If this video kind of gives you the idea:

In the video at 0:14 if the player would be standing a bit further away i wont do any damage to the desired player. Thats the range i would try to increase. Any suggestions on how to find that value?

7 answers to this question

On 7/13/2022 at 5:06 AM, Platonic said:

I want to do a bullet a hack but i only get it done for 50%. Im not getting everything i need for have it completed. Basically when i shoot it must shoot the target i want to shoot. Even if i don't aim to it. The game implements raycasting instead of actual projectiles for do the hits on the object, so there are no coordinates that i can use for modify the raycast on desired character or at least im not aware of it. So instead i use the user ID of a player, which does a half a** job as it only inflicts damage on the desired player when i shoot at a other random player. But it would for example ignore objects like walls and stuff, Before the shot data is being send to the server you can modify the user ID of who gets hit. But the problem with that is that when im to far out of range the damage does not seems to count. I would like to find the value that represent that range so that i can increase that boudary so that from any range the damage would be inflicted on the desired target. If this video kind of gives you the idea:

In the video at 0:14 if the player would be standing a bit further away i wont do any damage to the desired player. Thats the range i would try to increase. Any suggestions on how to find that value?

I'm not an expert at this type of thing, but I will try to give suggestions.

You found id of user hit by fuzzy search. Why don't you fuzzy search for range?

Alternatively, the range value is probably nearby the user id value. You could try editing random nearby values or something.

This is a tough thing to do with gameguardian. If it were a mod menu, there would be much easier ways to do this.

22 hours ago, HorridModz said:

I'm not an expert at this type of thing, but I will try to give suggestions.

You found id of user hit by fuzzy search. Why don't you fuzzy search for range?

Alternatively, the range value is probably nearby the user id value. You could try editing random nearby values or something.

This is a tough thing to do with gameguardian. If it were a mod menu, there would be much easier ways to do this.

Oke, How would you fuzzy search for range? 

On 7/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, Platonic said:

From the video; i assume you're only represent "raycast on desired character". Probably showing the real problem (no damage when it's in outrange) would make it clear. I agree that; this kind of hack would really hard to do with Game Guardian. It would be easier if it's using your own custom hack written manually (with driver); as it's a lot easier using math. For example; you can instead redirect the raycast into nearby players (that based on player coordinate with it's ID) or even the player that close to your aim/crosshair, instead of redirect your bullet into single-player ID.

Update: just seen your videos at 0:14, your bullet registered into your target NPC instead of NPC that infronts of you. Probably that's the reason it would only get the damage effect. The problem showing here is kinda the same result of "Magic Bullet" effect (that modify player hitbox so large that it won't register a hit) but i admit; i also not an expert in this kind of stuff. I just suggesting an alternative idea.

I dont think its hard if you just find the right values and understand a bit on how the game works.

Modding is time consuming, personally it would take 2 years more or less for understand how modding works at a decent depth. All that for just some game cheats is pointless as far im concerned.

If the objective is to cheat a game then GG is ok for me. Modding is valuable but if its just for cheating then i see no benefit over GG, haven't seen mods yet of which i'm surprised of what it does that i would start learning modding.

Actually based on all the stuff i see its years of repitive behaviour. A few people knew what they were doing. Shared it. People build on it. And at each time a totally new unfamiliar structure comes out. All those that were building on something are falling. And need to wait till some new people that know what they are doing comes along to share their knowledge so that the people that where falling can rebuild again. Thats why in modding you can't jump in half assed because you will end up being the guy that falls eventually and has to wait on someone else before you can build again. But its a mere opinion.

Actually for GG this is the exact same. Not reasonable for make the same mistake twice.

41 minutes ago, Platonic said:

I dont think its hard if you just find the right values and understand a bit on how the game works.

Modding is time consuming, personally it would take 2 years more or less for understand how modding works at a decent depth. All that for just some game cheats is pointless as far im concerned.

If the objective is to cheat a game then GG is ok for me. Modding is valuable but if its just for cheating then i see no benefit over GG, haven't seen mods yet of which i'm surprised of what it does that i would start learning modding.

Actually based on all the stuff i see its years of repitive behaviour. A few people knew what they were doing. Shared it. People build on it. And at each time a totally new unfamiliar structure comes out. All those that were building on something are falling. And need to wait till some new people that know what they are doing comes along to share their knowledge so that the people that where falling can rebuild again. Thats why in modding you can't jump in half assed because you will end up being the guy that falls eventually and has to wait on someone else before you can build again. But its a mere opinion.

Actually for GG this is the exact same. Not reasonable for make the same mistake twice.

True, there's a fix or probably something interesting if you're really invest your time into that. I don't bother to debug a game that's really not my target, i can only share my opinion and help with the best i could, even just a mere idea. I mean, you have already got the idea, it's just the implementation that people may varies. Good luck on your project tho...

On 7/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, Platonic said:

Oke, How would you fuzzy search for range? 

Shoot close - value decreased

Shoot far - value increased
It should be in double, float, dword, or qword ofc

instead of finding the range between u and the target use the target vector mask and increase it like the antena hacks( or more specific bighead hack) idk if that gives u more options/idea to achieve ur goal

Archived