Samurai Shodown IV (Amakusa's Revenge) How to play as Evil Amakusa?

cisco72563

Question

GAME LINK: https://apkcombo.com/samurai-amakusa-s-revenge-iv/com.suppiritsu_sengoku.shodown_amakusa/

Hello guys, so, this is an old arcade game that I was playing and know somethings about.
All values are in BYTES. So, this game has different characters with character id's given below and mentioned on the photo. The thing is that I wanted to play as the boss version of a character, (there are some games that have a character who has an evil counterpart under the same id). I tried everything I could but I could not figure out what to change in order to play as the evil version of character Amakusa. Maybe you could help me out.

NORMAL AMAKUSA VS EVIL AMAKUSA (BOSS FIGHT) 
1a.thumb.png.8b2f07ff8f5970dc4ed85228f05653c0.png

CHARACTER ID's ON CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN

1.thumb.png.f8934757e052d850744fef81bea9d196.png

0 = Haohmaru

1 = Nakoruru

2 = Rimururu

3 = Hanzo Hattori

4 = Galford

5 = Kyoshiro

6 = Ukyo Tachibana

7 = Genjuro Kibagami

8 = Basara

9 = Shizumaru Hisame

10 = Gaira

11 = Amakusa

12 = Jubei

13 = Zankuro Minazuki  (Hidden secret boss)

14 = Charlotte

15 = Tam Tam

16 = Kazuki Kazama

17 = Sogetsu Kazama

18 = Roulette

Well guys, @MonkeySAN, @BadCase, @sammax71, @Sysadmin give this a try.

3 answers to this question

the enemys byte value is the same as yours. for example normal amakusa en evil amakusa both have the byte value 11. You can find the values of the characters who are fighting by group searching them. (-1;Enemy value ; your value;1 :: ). the 2 values surrounding the character values have something to do with the colouring of the enemy. 

ddnt find much else tho. hope this helpped

There is something that I found about the 11 value (Amakusa's value). If you beat a character and change the CPU's character value to 11, you will always face the Evil Amakusa (and not the Normal one) in your next battle. I thought that if I changed the value to 11, then, I might be able to fight against the normal one and at the boss stage I might face the evil one, but that was not the case. If you freeze it to 11, then, you will keep facing the evil Amakusa. This means that there is some special code or instruction along with this value that allows the CPU to use the evil version and prevents the player from using the evil version, instead, gives the player the normal version, and, yet again the value remains the same i.e. 11. Need some really good member of the community to see how this character can be used to play.  

Archived