A new suggestion of refined search!!

HVC

Question

Many times I find a value that is in conjunction with another! And I know the distance between them (offset)! So my suggestion would be to have an option to refine the search by saying the offset between the two values that is looking for! This way the result will be more accurate!😉

4 answers to this question

On 5/13/2022 at 8:56 PM, HVC said:

Many times I find a value that is in conjunction with another! And I know the distance between them (offset)! So my suggestion would be to have an option to refine the search by saying the offset between the two values that is looking for! This way the result will be more accurate!😉

Good idea! For now, we can do this manually by checking if the value with an offset from 4 of 12 is 27.

--note: I am rusty with gg so I may have made some errors 
found = {}
results = gg.getResults(gg.getResultsCount()) -- get results
for result in results do -- iterate through results
if result.value == 12 then -- only do this on 12, as we add both 12 and 27 if 12 is found so 37 is redundant
new = {result}
new.address = result.address + 4 -- offset of 4 after 12
new = gg.getValues(new) -- get value with offset of 4 from 12
if new.value == 27 then -- check if the value is 27
found[#found + 1] = result -- add the 12
found[#found + 1] = new -- add the 27
end
end
end
gg.loadResults(found)

Example: I want to look for the values 12 and 27 and I know the distance between them is 4! The current way when I search, many results of 12 and 27 will appear and with different offset! Now with my idea, I refine the search by placing "offset 4" and then only 12 and 27 would appear with this distance!

you can do group search like this.

= 12;27::5

this will search both values at distance of offset 4 between each other in ordered manner.

you may still get many results though.

so more values(static) is needed to put in that group search to narrow down the results and then refine to 12 and 27.

thats a general idea by the way.

Archived