Fuzzy Search Not Functioning? Video Included.

Diaperbunny

Question

Hey, this is almost exactly what was posted At This Post that was closed without any definitive answer on what their mistake was...

Fuzzy search does not function, I can start a search, decrease or increase my value (video below shows decrease) and after the first search results will not get any smaller. Running "Unchanged" searches a few times sometimes causes the results to increase in value. I'm an avid (yet novice) Cheat Engine user so I understand how it's /supposed/ to work, but there are no good guides over the UI and proper use of GG. Yes, I've read all the tutorials but they just explain the general /process/ with no info on how to navigate the apparently needlessly complex UI.

On that note, I have another question; how in the hell are you supposed to clear results and start a new fuzzy search without exiting Game Guardian entirely??? Google is of no help to this question either, but there's no "Clear search" button anywhere nor a "New Search" button under Fuzzy Search like there is for exact search.

3 answers to this question

I can confirm the behavior of fuzzy search that is shown in the video. Some values of floating-point types (Float and Double), despite not changing, pass both "Increased" and "Decreased" conditions (but not "Changed", it correctly filters most of them out). It's not absolutely clear whether such behavior is intentional or not, but from user's side it's fairly easy to account for it. First time after making target value change in the game, search for values that have "changed". After that "increased" and "decreased" modes can be used as usual to find values that have increased or decreased correspondingly.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, Diaperbunny said:

On that note, I have another question; how in the hell are you supposed to clear results and start a new fuzzy search without exiting Game Guardian entirely???

Search tab toolbar contains "Remove" item (image.png.3eb69a44998574cfbade97a673ac265e.png). Tapping on it causes dialog to be displayed with it's first option being "Remove all". Choosing the option clears results list allowing to start new fuzzy search.

Archived