Requesting updates for gg.prompt and gg.multiChoice function

Zulfilham

Question

Hey @Enyby, could you please update these 2 functions: gg.prompt and gg.multiChoice?

They are great for getting input from user, but it lacks a very important feature that still missing.  For example, when I am still entering the prompt partially, sometimes I close GG to have a better visual on what the full input's gonna be.  But here's the problem, as soon as I close GG, those partial inputs typed are gone (pressing non-OK).  When I next open GG, I don't have programmatically ways to store previous input so that it can be used later on.  Things also go the same for gg.multiChoice, but instead of prompts it is for menu list checkmarks.

Do you think you can handle this in the near future? This is the best feature that I've been wanting to have in my scripts.

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-20-18-117_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-20-25-564_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-24-09-056_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-24-13-286_com.termux.jpg

Edited by Zulfilham
Fix typo

there is an eye icon at the bottom right corner that can be use for momentarily exit GG interface while keeping the script alive.

IMG_20220324_235307.thumb.jpg.0bd552266584181d9f94466210c079f5.jpg

as for the gg.multichoice...i dont understand what you mean.

Edited by MonkeySAN

1 minute ago, MonkeySAN said:

there is an eye icon at the bottom right corner that be use for momentarily exit GG interface.

IMG_20220324_235307.thumb.jpg.0bd552266584181d9f94466210c079f5.jpg

😅

But I need to close my GG first to view the values in the game.

you need to close GG??

or do you mean  the script?

i dont get it..why?

if you need to close GG then you wont able to run your script.

sorry i kinda confused here.

my English not that good.

If you don't understand don't answer.  I don't want answers, I want updates.  This all is of course for user's freedom, why should "a user close GG and then rerun the script?" if the script were being for automation purposes, then it should make things easier, faster, efficient, etc.

XRecorder_Edited_24032022_230953.jpg

WOW...WOW..just Great.

what an attitude you having there.

44 minutes ago, Zulfilham said:

If you don't understand don't answer.  I don't want answers, I want updates.

people are just trying to help and you blatantly dismiss them.

well @Enyby and people of the forum..

what do you guys think?

Edited by zam535582
OMG!!

• Administrators

Not clear what OP want from updates, but clearly understand he is rude and insist of some updates when people try help him explain point better.

With such relation to other users from this forum nobody want make your life better, even if understand what you want and for what.

Anyway I currently not understand what problem, why eye icon not enough, and what you want.

35 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Anyway I currently not understand what problem, why eye icon not enough, and what you want.

im been using GG as long as i can remember.

when you hold that eye icon..GG will not get in your way so you be able to look at anything in the game..then release it to continue whatever you currently doing before. ie: input in prompt.

also in my experiences..there are games that immediately change to loading screen completely blocking the view of values in the game when opening GG.

so for that reason..im asking WHY...only to get SPIT back right in the face .

still dont understand that multichoice part.

Edited by MonkeySAN
i dont wanna close my eyes..i dont wanna to fall asleep..cause i miss you babe..and i dont wanna miss a thing.

56 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Not clear what OP want from updates, but clearly understand he is rude and insist of some updates when people try help him explain point better.

With such relation to other users from this forum nobody want make your life better, even if understand what you want and for what.

Well, first of all it's not me being rude the first time, me when first signed up to the web instantly got warning from Enyby, saying that "You got a warning by making an empty post".

Huh, what's that? I don't understand why did I get that warning, and why would empty post be allowed a anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, back to the topic I thought it was very clear already, I don't know maybe it's me one doesn't understand.  I kindly said there that "Hey Enyby, could you please update those 2 functions?".

The problem is when the user JUST cancel the prompt, nothing gets returned (alias nil).  But I want those what would be returned as if we were pressing OK.

And that guy said "Do you want to close GG or your script?".  Then what should be the answer? Of course yes, I said I want to close GG to be able to view the values in the game, but not exit out of GG.  I specifically mean to close GG User Interface, or should I say as if I run gg.setVisible(false).

No, the eye icon is not enough.  In some games you'll have to move the screen around to be able to see the values.  In that case GG interface should be first closed.

I hope this clear.

Edited by Zulfilham
Fix typo

31 minutes ago, MonkeySAN said:

im been using GG as long as i can remember.

when you hold that eye icon..GG will not get in your way so you be able to look at anything in the game..then release it to continue whatever you currently doing before. ie: input in prompt.

also in my experiences..there are games that immediately change to loading screen completely blocking the view of values in the game when opening GG.

so for that reason..im asking WHY...only to get SPIT back right in the face .

still dont understand that multichoice part.

As for the multiChoice, ok look.

When you check the menu list and press OK, then a table returns according to what user checks.  But, what if I also check the menu list but then I don't press OK, then nil will be returned.  So, I don't want that nil value.  I want those values what would returned as if I pressed the OK button.  Why? read above.

Edited by Zulfilham
Give emphasis

17 minutes ago, Zulfilham said:

I specifically mean to close GG User Interface..

i missed the part where thats my problem.

-GG User Interface-

i failed to see anything like that statement being written in the first post in this topic.

"close GG" can be same as "exit GG"

thats is WHY question came in place.

Edited by zam535582

7 minutes ago, zam535582 said:

i missed the part where thats my problem.

-GG User Interface-

i failed to see anything like that statement being written in the first post in this topic.

"close GG" can be same as "exit GG"

thats is WHY question came in place.

You're a computer, 🤣

11 minutes ago, Zulfilham said:

As for the multiChoice, ok look.

When you check the menu list and press OK, then a table returns according to what user checks.  But, what if I also check the menu list but then I don't press OK, then nil will be returned.  So, I don't want that nil value.  I want those values what would returned as if I pressed the OK button.  Why? read above.

now you make it a bit clear.

i think i do know a bit of the solutions but i wasnt HELPFUL and UNDERSTAND enough.

l'll let the others explain that.

perhaps @Enyby will do?

Edited by MonkeySAN
sorry Master.

now you make it a bit clear.

i think i do know a bit of the solutions but i wasnt HELPFUL and UNDERSTAND enough.

l'll let the others explain that.

perhaps @Enyby will do?

I believe there's nothing we can do on scripting side as soon as user presses cancel nothing gets returned.  They should do an update for this.  But I don't know, maybe there's another way, maybe.

6 hours ago, Zulfilham said:

Hey @Enyby, could you please update these 2 functions: gg.prompt and gg.multiChoice?

They are great for getting input from user, but it lacks a very important feature that still missing.  For example, when I am still entering the prompt partially, sometimes I close GG to have a better visual on what the full input's gonna be.  But here's the problem, as soon as I close GG, those partial inputs typed are gone (pressing non-OK).  When I next open GG, I don't have programmatically ways to store previous input so that it can be used later on.  Things also go the same for gg.multiChoice, but instead of prompts it is for menu list checkmarks.

Do you think you can handle this in the near future? This is the best feature that I've been wanting to have in my scripts.

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-20-18-117_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-20-25-564_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-24-09-056_com.termux.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-24-22-24-13-286_com.termux.jpg

Text can not be saved without submitting the dialog, and you would need to add a menu after submitting that asks if it is the complete text because GG will have no way of determining if it is the partial or complete text.....