Get selected car details like the name

thisme

Question

How can I get the things like the name of the currently selected car?

So if I'm in the garage and I choose the Aston Martin Vulcan, how can I reliably get a string like Vulcan from memory?

There are lots of strings but they are in different places and spread all over the memory.

other details would also be ok if enough to identify the car

8 answers to this question

what I actually want to do is automatically upgrade the car to the max. I have your auto upgrader script, but i somehow need to input the max level for the specific car. thats why i asked about getting details.

I couldn't find the max level in memory, but maybe you can?

On 2/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, thisme said:

How can I get the things like the name of the currently selected car?

So if I'm in the garage and I choose the Aston Martin Vulcan, how can I reliably get a string like Vulcan from memory?

There are lots of strings but they are in different places and spread all over the memory.

other details would also be ok if enough to identify the car

Not sure what you want to do with the string names. But you can use PR to find the names. But there are many different strings for the sane car..writhen differently so i just explain you the one that has some static structure.

Let me know if works.

Search 10800 dword, region Ca

Offset -8 float

Load results and refine to the PR value. Make sure you use 0.2 in differences because the value displayed on screen is not 100% same as the float value.

You can confirm if it is the correct BR value by editing the values to zero. You should see the BR value decrease.

You can either copy the string name on offset -C but that string is not always same as the car name displayed on your screen.

Or you can go to the address of that BR value, enable byte view, select all the addresses and load their values in the result list and then search the excact same car nane as the one that is displayed on your screen. Make sure you use the same symbols as well. 

I want to automatically upgrade the car to the max level. I couldn't find the max levels in memory, so I got a table with the names and the level, but now I need to find the car in the table. Thats why I want to get the current car name/details

Gonna test your method later

4 hours ago, thisme said:

I want to automatically upgrade the car to the max level. I couldn't find the max levels in memory, so I got a table with the names and the level, but now I need to find the car in the table. Thats why I want to get the current car name/details

Gonna test your method later

Oke. How do you know that through that table you can max upgrade the cars? Do you perhaps mind sharing that table?

Also perhaps good idea to contact the person that made that table. Because most likely he knows about how to max upgrade the cars.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:09 PM, thisme said:

I made the table by coping from the fandom wiki, its a list of name, max PR, total upgrade count, level as one number (like 3234). The script for upgrading the selected car is from Real Racing 3 (10.0.1) Car Upgrader (#4nbguuom)

This script can upgrade the cars to any level, but you have to input the level.

If source of functionality is from preexistence script then You should talk with the creator, At the end of the day he found it.

Archived