Can i make Whitelist system in GG script?

ShuShiXyz

Blocking access using ip address is not a good idea, cause  it block every address of that network, and some people got dynamique address everytime they login they got a different address depending on the network mask, 

You can read this to get more information: ip based rule

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, ShuShiXyz said:

I want to make whitelist system using ip and key

I have basic or advance lua to make my whitelist sytem

But i dont know How to get ip and get key from my Website database

Thanks

Hi! 

Making White/Black-list system using specific IP is bad, altough its easy to use. But disconnecting people based on Key they use is a normal pratice. In my opinion just revoking the key is enough. 

An alternative way is to add some logger in between server and client. So the server will trough the logging first before its reach the client (and backwards). Thus you can obtain IP from the user that access your web along its key/psswd (if its exist). Some logger i know is Log4J, etc. 

However, pardon me if there's any mismatch. Im a little confuse by your explanation. You're the web owner, but you dont know how to access your own web database? How can you even serve the files for your web? 

-Cheers! 😄

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, Yuukis said:

Hi! 

Making White/Black-list system using specific IP is bad, altough its easy to use. But disconnecting people based on Key they use is a normal pratice. In my opinion just revoking the key is enough. 

An alternative way is to add some logger in between server and client. So the server will trough the logging first before its reach the client (and backwards). Thus you can obtain IP from the user that access your web along its key/psswd (if its exist). Some logger i know is Log4J, etc. 

However, pardon me if there's any mismatch. Im a little confuse by your explanation. You're the web owner, but you dont know how to access your own web database? How can you even serve the files for your web? 

-Cheers! 😄

jhem logging ip's sure makes this not sketchy

Archived