Data in ram Feature Use

Rxhacker

Question

I found that game guardian gives a feature called data in ram . And we can set it to no . Does this means GG won't read data in ram ? If not what does it scans because as far as i know gg is memory scanner. And sometimes memory ranges size is bigger then the ram i have . How is that possible ?

8 answers to this question

There is explanation of this feature in the following post: 

Info about GameGuardian (#771hoebi)

The setting is also mentioned in "How to speed up search" entry of GG help: 

1. If you have a lot of RAM, then you can store the data there. This greatly speeds up the search. Set the setting "Data in the RAM:" to "Yes". In an Android emulator on a PC, this can slow down the search.

https://gameguardian.net/help/help.html#help_speed_up

12 hours ago, CmP said:

There is explanation of this feature in the following post: 

Info about GameGuardian (#771hoebi)

The setting is also mentioned in "How to speed up search" entry of GG help: 

https://gameguardian.net/help/help.html#help_speed_up

Thanks. But what about the memory ranges size bigger then the ram ?

8 hours ago, CmP said:

Memory ranges of process virtual memory obviously can't be bigger than amount of RAM on device. You should clarify what your question is about.

I am taking about this my ram is 6 gb but other range is 24 gb . Why ?Screenshot_2021-11-18-18-38-12-640_com.tencent_ig.thumb.jpg.52470191648e9c62828c615c84417a8e.jpg

• Administrators

Because not all memory really allocated in Linux. Application can allocate even 1 TB when you have 6 GB. Until you not start use it memory it will look perfectly fine. Read about memory allocation in Linux kernel. This thing also called as overcommit or overcommitting.

Archived