New Screen Recorder

Sysadmin

New Screen Recorder  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start making Video tutorials again?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. If yes, what quality should it be?

• High Quality - With a lot of lag.
    • Regular quality - With moderate lag.
    • Low quality - No lag

• Administrators

Hey guys,

For those of you that used to use Screencast, up until 4.2+, I have found a new screen recording app that works on every version of Android (even 4.3). It even claims to work on Tegra devices. It can't record HD without lag just yet, but it works well on low-medium resolutions. It even has a color inverted fix (something the GN2 suffers from). It's still in the beta stages, but it is very likely to replace Screencast once it is fully stable.

Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwobanas.screenrecorder.pro

Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwobanas.screenrecorder.free

Also, should I start making video tutorials again? They would be uploaded here: http://gameguardian.net/forum/gallery/category/2-video-tutorials/ Vote in the poll!

• Administrators

You know d2, maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I like to reference tutorials later, therefore I want them in writing. I'm sure I'll be overruled, but the only time I watch video tutorials is when I cannot find one in print or its a timing thing in a game.

Like the adage illustrates: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." I feel like if I read something to the point of understanding it, I retain the information. If I watch a video, not only can I not readily reference it at some later day, but I soon forget it.

C'est la vie.

BTW, if you answer 'No' in the poll, you still have to answer the second question.

• Administrators

You know d2, maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I like to reference tutorials later, therefore I want them in writing. I'm sure I'll be overruled, but the only time I watch video tutorials is when I cannot find one in print or its a timing thing in a game.

Like the adage illustrates: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." I feel like if I read something to the point of understanding it, I retain the information. If I watch a video, not only can I not readily reference it at some later day, but I soon forget it.

C'est la vie.

BTW, if you answer 'No' in the poll, you still have to answer the second question.

Well, I would be uploading them in conjunction with written guides.

Not sure why it does that.

• Administrators

Well, I would be uploading them in conjunction with written guides.

Then, that's a good idea! Really though, both together are the best way to go - IMHO.

• Administrators

I have the Pro version and it's very very laggy with the higher resolution... I can't make any kind of video with my SGS3 because lagg is awesome :/

Anyway video tuts would be cool :D

Yeah, it is. But, the app is in active development, and it's a step in the write direction.