AD Abuse on Gatcha Games

Cheddar

Question

So, I have recently got into a random mobile gatcha game. The game itself does not matter because im sure this method can be applied to other games as well. 

So here is the situation. This gatcha game has daily ads you can watch for rewards. However, you may only watch these ads to get rewards once a day. This gatcha game has a discord where I have seen people getting banned for somthinge the community calls "AD Abusing", I was wondering how this is possible, how its done, etc. This is because only the people who go are extremely obvious get reported and banned, but I think that a player could, if they figured out how to bypass the daily limit to how many ads you could watch per day, or hack the rewards, etc. then said someone could play "legit" without getting banned.

I am open to ideas from you guys also if you think you know how to accomplish this.

From what I have seen on the screenshots in the gatcha games discord, the cheaters seem to be able to: 

1. Watch more than 1 ad per day for rewards

2. Hack the reward themselves (less likely)

*NOTE* 

This game is almost entirely server sided, other than a few minigames.

1 answer to this question

May have found a lead on how to replicate the desired behavior, but I have only gotten it to work once and don't remember the steps I took to do it.

Notes:

1. It may not be an issue of editing game memory

2. It may be a way to actually abuse the way Rewarded Video Ads are written

How I think I "duped" Rewarded Video Ads.

* Click the Rewarded Video Ad button

* Some where in-between start and completion of the ad, create a disruption.

* Game registers it as the ad being watched but not as the player receiving rewards (or player receives rewards but not yet watched the Rewarded Video Ad)

* End up with "duped" rewards and the game server keeping track of whether or not the ad had been watched says that the player has not watched the ad

* This would allow the player to do this "dupe" again, this having infinite resources/time/boosts/etc... 

The first time I did this "dupe" was by pure coincidence while messing around (no memory editing at all). If there is a way to do this consistently with/without memory editing, insight would be much appreciated.

Archived