How can somebody freeze servers in a game?

MisterWishful

Question

So, I have played said game since 2016.

Recently, somebody has been coming into servers and freezing everybody. 

They freeze all buttons, so all you can do is move the screen around to look at people.

Does anybody have any idea how he is doing so?

All I know is that they use 2 accounts to freeze everybody.

I have never seen anybody else do it before then.

5 answers to this question

well, I don't know if it's the same game, but I'm playing another game very similar...
"the wolf rpg simulator"
and there I can freeze the animals not to attack me, only I can attack the animals.
it's a scam, and even though the game is online I can do this feat thanks to the local client that loads 90% of what happens on the map.
now freeze all players and the server, it's already a complicated task, I don't believe it's a server hack, but who knows?
someone must modify the client, and this modification "exaggerated" sends some information to the server, which also sends to the other client, this information makes these clients standards are locked.
well I don't know what it's about and sorry my horrible english

4 hours ago, Lenn1 said:

well, I don't know if it's the same game, but I'm playing another game very similar...
"the wolf rpg simulator"
and there I can freeze the animals not to attack me, only I can attack the animals.
it's a scam, and even though the game is online I can do this feat thanks to the local client that loads 90% of what happens on the map.
now freeze all players and the server, it's already a complicated task, I don't believe it's a server hack, but who knows?
someone must modify the client, and this modification "exaggerated" sends some information to the server, which also sends to the other client, this information makes these clients standards are locked.
well I don't know what it's about and sorry my horrible english

The game I am playing is a game called Wolf Online.

Do you understand fully how they are doing this??

Like are they using Game Guardian, or are they going full on with some sort of program for a PC?

20 hours ago, MisterWishful said:

So, I have played said game since 2016.

Recently, somebody has been coming into servers and freezing everybody. 

They freeze all buttons, so all you can do is move the screen around to look at people.

Does anybody have any idea how he is doing so?

All I know is that they use 2 accounts to freeze everybody.

I have never seen anybody else do it before then.

there is some ways to do it (i have tested in game Gang War Mafia)

i added random bots and random textures on map, but for me it was hidden, it was visible for other players, i added houndreds of random things and after it online players were facing many bugs and game was freezing in their local device, their game was like breaked but for me they were freezed on map.

another way is editing local client as @Lenn1 mentioned, but of course we cant do it in all game. this game (GWM) has really weak protection, we can see all requested/sent data by capturing net or just by editing app, it is sending everything by base64 moded encoding (with random key, for make it harder) ... at this way if sent data will be changed , servers wil be edited in live, current match's info will be edited in servers, so that way we can do anything... freeze , kick , kill , spawn anything anywhere we want by X Y Z values (of course this method  needs more knowledge and experience than first one but it can be done (in this game its simple))

may be there is other ways too, thats all what i know.

Long time wolf online Mod maker /script maker. 

Not hard to do. Just a simple float value that has weird consequences when you edit it xD

On 6/30/2021 at 10:10 PM, MisterWishful said:

The game I am playing is a game called Wolf Online.

Do you understand fully how they are doing this??

Like are they using Game Guardian, or are they going full on with some sort of program for a PC?

If you are the HOST of a game, that means that your client is the master and manages the global stuff. For example, the host of a 1v1 game will manage the match time. The other player will not. So one way is to by chance end up being the HOST.

Another way to do this is to exploit something. For example, maybe there's a freeze when you kill somebody, freezing them for a split second while the kill animation plays. In this case, someone can use a hack to kill everyone, but then tell the server that they will be frozen for 10000 seconds instead of 0.01. They can also repeatedly kill the players. This is an example, but exploits like this can take different forms.

The last way is to use a different hack. You can use a WebSocket tool to pretend to be another player. If there is bad security in the game server, you can pretend to be someone else and send request as someone else (EX: for the kill animation example, you would pretend to be someone else and tell the server to put you in your kill animation for 10000 seconds instead of 0.01.

Archived