Help to make mod menu via dumping il2cpp

ThienTeakee

Question

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a mod menu for a game called "Space Shooter". I decompiled apk file, took libil2cpp.so and used il2cpp Dumper & dnSpy to dump it. So I had the function I want to modify and its information in the image bellow. What I have to do to find that function and change "0f" value insided it?

*** I used to hack it by editing the hex code of the il2cpp file but I couldn't turn it on/off or just turned on some needed features. That's why i want to do the above

Hope u guys can help

Sorry for my Eng

scrs.png

9 answers to this question

I think there are 2 ways of going about this

1) making the mod menu with GG using the offset to search and edit

2)using PMT's mod menu tutorial and injecting your own overlay menu made by following their tutorial.

Here's a decent tutorial on the PMT site that should be decently understandable for you https://platinmods.com/threads/mod-menu-for-il2cpp-and-native-android-games.64201/

Good luck!

9 minutes ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

I think there are 2 ways of going about this

1) making the mod menu with GG using the offset to search and edit

2)using PMT's mod menu tutorial and injecting your own overlay menu made by following their tutorial.

Here's a decent tutorial on the PMT site that should be decently understandable for you https://platinmods.com/threads/mod-menu-for-il2cpp-and-native-android-games.64201/

Good luck!

Option 2 needs too much knowledge about Java. How can I search offsets in GG? I mean it has many type of value (DWORD, FLOAT,...) and I don't know what to choose :((

41 minutes ago, ThienTeakee said:

Option 2 needs too much knowledge about Java. How can I search offsets in GG? I mean it has many type of value (DWORD, FLOAT,...) and I don't know what to choose :((

go to memory pages and hit the bulky arrow

Don't put in an address instead just hit XA and select the libil2cpp.so file (there isn't one for this game so I don't circle anything but your menu will look something like this choose the one with the libs file path)

This should give you the start of the lib files address, long press this and hit "offset calculator" then type in the offset from Dnspy and put a lowercase h and hit "go to"

This should bring you to the correct address

Shout out to @NoFear (sorry for pinging you) for his reply to my thread when I was wondering about searching offsets months back

Pretty sure from there you can search the address once you know it in hex which should help you go about automating the process with a script

Untitled71_20210621080117.png

Untitled72_20210621080151.png

Screenshot_20210621-075816.png

Untitled73_20210621080218.png

Untitled75_20210621080326.png

1 hour ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

Don't put in an address instead just hit XA and select the libil2cpp.so file (there isn't one for this game so I don't circle anything but your menu will look something like this choose the one with the libs file path)

I can't find libil2cpp.so in my menu. What do I need to do then?

Oh, I forgot. This game has 2 apk files: base and split_config_v8a. libil2cpp.so is in split_config_v8a file. I took them from /data/app with Root Explorer because it's a paid app.

Screenshot_20210621-202524_Space Shooter VIP.jpg

Edited by ThienTeakee
Add a screenshot

5 hours ago, ThienTeakee said:

I can't find libil2cpp.so in my menu. What do I need to do then?

Oh, I forgot. This game has 2 apk files: base and split_config_v8a. libil2cpp.so is in split_config_v8a file. I took them from /data/app with Root Explorer because it's a paid app.

Screenshot_20210621-202524_Space Shooter VIP.jpg

Being a split apk shouldn't matter, but what app is it I'll take a look

*Edit* Space Shooters you've already said this my bad

Edited by AKidWithMidgetFriend

11 hours ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

Being a split apk shouldn't matter, but what app is it I'll take a look

*Edit* Space Shooters you've already said this my bad

I tried every options in my menu and succeed. Thank for your help ❤️

19 minutes ago, ThienTeakee said:

I tried every options in my menu and succeed. Thank for your help ❤️

The problem for GG WAS that it was a split apk, I was trying to post a non-split apk of the game but my internet is too bad and I was going to wait until I got to work tomorrow to do it. 

But glad to hear you got it working!

9 minutes ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

The problem for GG WAS that it was a split apk, I was trying to post a non-split apk of the game but my internet is too bad and I was going to wait until I got to work tomorrow to do it. 

But glad to hear you got it working!

Yes, it worked with your help.

Oh, one more thing. Do u know how to dump il2cpp using GG? I searched but all tutorial videos were deleted. I used GG then choosed "Dump Memory" option but it had many "libil2cpp.so" lines which made me confused :((

Screenshot_20210622-134251_DroidEdit.jpg

15 minutes ago, ThienTeakee said:

Yes, it worked with your help.

Oh, one more thing. Do u know how to dump il2cpp using GG? I searched but all tutorial videos were deleted. I used GG then choosed "Dump Memory" option but it had many "libil2cpp.so" lines which made me confused :((

Screenshot_20210622-134251_DroidEdit.jpg

Utility for extracting .dll files from various dumps (#am9msy5a)

Hmmmm, try this^