[curiosity] hierarchy and game guardian

skhrlx

Question

Since Android have a hierarchy, maybe, installing the game guardian at system-level, this will have a free-pass for read/write the memory?

Or, maybe have a possibility to put the GG at a level up, or the most higher level at hierarchy in android, and having a free-pass without question access to all memory?

Maybe, we can pass anti-cheats with this?

I'm talking sh*** or this make sense for one more?

5 answers to this question

On 4/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, skhrlx said:

Since Android have a hierarchy, maybe, installing the game guardian at system-level, this will have a free-pass for read/write the memory?

Or, maybe have a possibility to put the GG at a level up, or the most higher level at hierarchy in android, and having a free-pass without question access to all memory?

Maybe, we can pass anti-cheats with this?

I'm talking sh*** or this make sense for one more?

"Since Android have a hierarchy" to clarify this is data structuring and the actual *hierarchy* you're talking about would just be system directories stored in each other. / Being the root directory where a lot of what makes up your phones UI and OS runs. The code that's executed that allows your phone to operate at the complex levels that it does while being simple to use and understand. 

"installing the game guardian at system-level, this will have a free-pass for read/write the memory?" By this you'd mean making gameguardian capable of reading and writing everything in the root directory, and what you plan to accomplish with this is the eliminate the usage of virtual spaces or virtual machines. However these do more than just simulate a mini root directory, they help capture and read and write to the app memory, I'm not totally sure how and why for that enyby or another forum might be better informed on that

"Or, maybe have a possibility to put the GG at a level up, or the most higher level at hierarchy in android, and having a free-pass without question access to all memory?" This is saying the same thing as the last part but yeah root access has its uses it's essentially giving it access to read deeper into memory by giving gameguardian administrative like permissions.

"Maybe, we can pass anti-cheats with this?" *Anti-cheat* is a bit of an umbrella term there are many different measures taken to prevent cheating and there is no one approach to these, and some of these anticheat protocols are just simply impossible to bypass because how the information is stored or what's done to the information to thwart editing or viewing like obfuscation or encryption

"I'm talking sh*** or this make sense for one more" it's like trying to listen to an alien describe a creature that's entirely new to them, you somewhat recognize the functionality though which is a great start but keep seeking information and asking questions you'll have it down in no time!;)

5 minutes ago, MAARS said:

To install 3rd party app as system app you need root, if you have root no need to put gg as system app.

Yes,  but i think apps like "Samsung Knox" have privileges what any other app don't have, so I think, that's is possible to give that's permissions for game guardian, leaving a free-pass for he read/write in memory without get intercepted by any anti-cheat system

12 minutes ago, MAARS said:

Just root your phone

[added 0 minutes later]

or say hello to parallel space

I already have root, i just got puzzled with this, is only because this

Archived