Need help with hex code

Platonic

Hi,
I need Help.
As we all know GG is changing in drastic way, its not simply searching values anymore...More possibilities and easier access to modify a game Thank you for that since gameguardian came from a long way. however the right knowledge for it is needed.

I want to level up the play field and start making my scripts for the games with the use of Hex editing, but i have this lack of knowledge and dunno very well were to start. Do i need to learn bits and bytes all the way to know what a opcode is or ARMx68... ?
In this case i need to know how many bites i need to select or at least i need to know how to calculate it. As always people don't want to teach and rather ceep the knowledge for themself. That's why i come here to the forum asking for help or a proper explanation!

In this case i have a dump file from the libil2cpp.so and found the following address:

[CompilerGeneratedAttribute] // RVA: 0xA36F04 Offset: 0xA36F04 VA: 0xA36F04
	// RVA: 0xE24404 Offset: 0xE24404 VA: 0xE24404
	public double get_headHitboxScale() { }

[CompilerGeneratedAttribute] // RVA: 0xA36F14 Offset: 0xA36F14 VA: 0xA36F14
	// RVA: 0xE24410 Offset: 0xE24410 VA: 0xE24410
	private void set_headHitboxScale(double value) { }

Now when i search the offset in the hex editor it will bring me to the starting point. But how many bytes would i need to select? (screenshot_20210317_164826.png)
And how do i need to calculate this? If i think this through logically the bytes must be between the one that i copied above [E24404] and the nearest offset that has been showed in the dump file [E24410] So by that logic i should have a hex of 12 bytes:1E 0B D0 ED 30 0B 51 EC 1E FF 2F E1 (screenshot_20210317_181729.png)

I assume that selecting the right amount of bytes is crucial in order to edit correctly, in GG i receive my results (screenshot_20210317_182258.png) and i always edit it with one of the Hex values that i found online:

However none is working...i assume because i really select wrong amount of bytes. If you can help me that would be great 😄

Regards

screenshot_20210317_164826.png

screenshot_20210317_181729.png

screenshot_20210317_182258.png

Edited by XxhentaixX
more info

• Moderators

Could try editing E24404 to 

Vmov.f64 d16, #1.0     hex 000BF7EE

Or

Vmov.f32 d16, #1.0     hex100FC7F2

I don't know the default value, so only set it to 1 for now. Obviously can change it to something better if needed.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:24 PM, NoFear said:

Could try editing E24404 to 

Vmov.f64 d16, #1.0     hex 000BF7EE

Or

Vmov.f32 d16, #1.0     hex100FC7F2

I don't know the default value, so only set it to 1 for now. Obviously can change it to something better if needed.

Forgot to reply, thought i did.

Nothing happens. i tried your way or convert to assemble and edit and convert back to hex. nothing happens. I'm very sure that i'm doing right.

[added 1 minute later]
4 minutes ago, Kruvcraft said:

It's just weird that the changes don't affect the game

Yes. Don't understand either. Some things change other things don't. for example i had a other post were i modify encrypted username and the modification works. I'm sure my function is correct. Even if the change would not be correct something must happen.

18 hours ago, XxhentaixX said:

Yes. Don't understand either. Some things change other things don't. for example i had a other post were i modify encrypted username and the modification works. I'm sure my function is correct. Even if the change would not be correct something must happen.

it's just not a fact that this function is used , many functions can be written, but not used by developers. This is a common practice, so you should not waste time, the variables themselves can be effective in other functions , you should look for better ones

2 hours ago, Kruvcraft said:

it's just not a fact that this function is used , many functions can be written, but not used by developers. This is a common practice, so you should not waste time, the variables themselves can be effective in other functions , you should look for better ones

Oke this is usefull, i was not aware of such thing.

Thank you. I will move on 😄

Can you maby also have a look at my other post? Kind of need help with encryption method.

modify and incrypt/decrypt user cookie (#3uvgrlum)

3 hours ago, XxhentaixX said:

Oke this is usefull, i was not aware of such thing.

Thank you. I will move on 😄

Can you maby also have a look at my other post? Kind of need help with encryption method.

modify and incrypt/decrypt user cookie (#3uvgrlum)

sorry, but I'm only modifying the game, I don't know how the network component of games works