Encrypted Values multiplier?

Tamborine

Question

Hello everyone, I am an amateur at this. So please bear with me if anything I say somehow doesn't make sense.

A game I am using GG on has the values encrypted. Although, I can still search and modify it manually and it works the way I wanted to.

However, everytime the instance gets change, (i.e. change of stage/level), the encrypted value changes and I have to remodify it everytime. If I freeze the value, it will just change again if I go to another instance.

My question is, if there's a function or a way to instead of manually changing values, that I can just do a multiplier on it. My goal is to multiply the value to maybe x10 or x5 permanently throughout my gameplay.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Are you sure the encrypted values are always monotonic? That a higher encrypted value always results in a higher decrypted value? Because that would be a pretty weak encryption. More typically you can't just multiply the encrypted value because either it wouldn't decrypt properly anymore or it wouldn't have the effect you expect.

Archived