Plant Vs Zombies Save Data

Sysadmin

• Administrators

Ok so I've been poking around the game save files for plant vs zombies which are users.dat and user1.dat located at data/data/com.popcap.pvz/files/userdata

In user1.dat at address x00000008 is an 2-byte value for money and the money is stored with one digit missing so 9,000 would be in 900.

It also seems to store the money value in users.dat at address x000000a1. Now I think it stores it like this 9,000 = 9 or 800 = 8 so pretty much the first digit of the number.

I'm still not sure so I'll have to do some more testing :)

Update: In user1.dat I think address x00000004 is the level and address x00000364 is the extra slots for plants.

Update 2: I've confirmed user1.dat address x00000004 as the level your currently on.

Update 3: user1.dat address x000004ae changed from 00 to 01 after beating level 2 can't figure out what it stands for :\

Update 4: I don't know if it restarts the game for other people when they open gamecih but I've found a way around it, by suspending the game. It'll still restart but you can resume looking in shop, haven't tried sun point yet though.

Update 5: After hex editing the values remember to fix permission with root explorer or any other app that can do it.

Update 6: How to Hack Plants vs Zombies with GameCIH

Verified

user1.dat

x00000004 = level

x00000008 = money

x00000364 = extra plant slots

x000004d0 = 01 = Penny Pincher Achievement

x000004e2 = 01 = SPUDOW! Achievement

I followed the method above (money cheating) by GG but nothing happened,

it might work on GameCIH only.

And editing file "user1.dat" and "users.dat" does not work, too.

when I opened this file to edit, there are only few letters show up (cannot read).

so I guess the game developer might fix them already. :(