why my pointer values always to 0?

nio04

Question

i m not very familiar with pointer. but i think - pointer is, the base address  of the current dynamic address (address stay same even after game restart) (i think..., correct me, if i m wrong)

my question is - why m i always seeing pointer values 0...😑

[i tried to view pointer address by memory page then "GO TO POINTER ####"] 

is there something wrong? m i missing something? 

also, plz enlight me - how to find static value && address

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, nio04 said:

i think - pointer is, the base address  of the current dynamic address (address stay same even after game restart)

Its so wrong. You should google it before asking that question and defining its meaning urself. 

Address can store a value.

Pointer is an address itself. But storing another address as its value makes him different from normal addresses.Pointer uses 4 bytes(dword) in 32 bit and 8 bytes(qword) in 64 bit.

Everyaddress is not pointer. Every restart changes addresses(even address in lib). Not stay the same. 

Change value to hex. gg will show hex value as its pointer.

Screenshot_2020-11-08-22-14-54-762_io_va.exposed.thumb.jpg.6aa1fd8f85d754aa75e7c5d7c6e9112d.jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-854719770.thumb.jpeg.886d7273a6a1def7f0edc240b550d9dd.jpeg

Lookat photo.

I am showing two address.Above is static pointer and the other is address pointed by above static pointer. (in 32 bit architecture )

Check value of static pointer.its -544844000.

Changing that value to hex will get DF865720.(use online or offline dec to hex converter). 

1 hour ago, nio04 said:

my question is - why m i always seeing pointer values 0

So if the value is 0 the pointer shown is 0.(just changing between hex and dec)

All addresses cant be pointer at all.And there is also some types of pointer. 

1 hour ago, nio04 said:

how to find static value && address

Search in forum. Better doing urself. 

41 minutes ago, MarioRossi93i said:

Pointers stores memory addresses. Search with google.

Probably you select 32bit pointer in 64bit architecture, or pointer is really 0.

Screenshot_20201108-161557__01.jpg

my droid is android9, so i guess its 64bit... how m i supposed to understand this value for 64 or 32 bit???

another thing... when i find ammo value, lastly there r left only 2 value (cant shake them at all)   editing one doesn't change anything while editing second one change the 2 values together

which button should i select? red or blue?

10 minutes ago, Lover1500 said:

Its so wrong. You should google it before asking that question and defining its meaning urself. 

Pointer is an address itself. But storing another address as its value makes him different from normal addresses.Pointer uses 4 bytes(dword) in 32 bit and 8 bytes(qword) in 64 bit.

Everyaddress is not pointer. Every restart changes addresses(even address in lib). Not stay the same. 

Screenshot_2020-11-08-22-14-54-762_io_va.exposed.thumb.jpg.6aa1fd8f85d754aa75e7c5d7c6e9112d.jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-854719770.thumb.jpeg.886d7273a6a1def7f0edc240b550d9dd.jpeg

Lookat photo.

I am showing two address.Above is static pointer and the other is address pointed by above static pointer. (in 32 bit architecture )

Changing that value to hex will get DF865720.(use online or offline dec to hex converter). 

thank you sooo much for the knowledge... i will cut down my definition hence its misleading

i understood most of your words... some r still very hard to understand

how do i know if the value has static pointer?? -> take the value (dword) convert to hex & get the hex address/value & close the game & search the hex address. if its shown, then its a static pointer, if its not shown, then it doesn't have a pointer, something like this?😁

i m still wondering, why memory page have "go to pointer", can u plz explain?

lastly - if u have any source or yt video link about finding pointer/static pointer... plz provide

i saw some CHEAT ENGINE video, but it doesn't make any sense

2 hours ago, Lover1500 said:

Lookat photo.

thank u very much sir....😍😍😍😍

the things u told me, i implement that on game... and BOOM! its works...

again, thank u very much. 

Archived