Set Memory Ranges in GG Scripts

Roland21

Question

I have a script that's working perfectly for one of my games by basically finding an AoB and replacing it with my own values but the only issue is that the script scans my entire memory regions and I only want it to run the AoB scan between 2250000000-2850000000 memory ranges since that's where the game keeps the addresses I need. Is it possible to do this? I'm sorry if this was asked before but I haven't seen anyone asking for this before so thanks in advance!

Edited by Roland21

6 hours ago, Boss45 said:

U can set memory regions as

Examplegg.setRanges(gg.REGION_ANONYMOUS)

And for range u find the hex address and specify from where to where

How do I exactly "specify" from where to where? I know the region but I want the script to run scans between the two addresses I mentioned above instead of scanning the entire region.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, Roland21 said:

How do I exactly "specify" from where to where? I know the region but I want the script to run scans between the two addresses I mentioned above instead of scanning the entire region.

I didn't understand your question, do you want to know how to put size limits on the memory range when searching for the value?

46 minutes ago, StarButterfly said:

I didn't understand your question, do you want to know how to put size limits on the memory range when searching for the value?

Right. I want my script to scan for these values and replace them within certain memory ranges. I already know how to replace AoB scans but I don't know how to set the ranges but I guess you could call them size limits too. I know about using SIGH_EQUAL, but that doesn't do the trick for me because it acts more like a condition than a scan range; it will still scan the entire memory and replace only if it matches the condition. I was just wondering if there's something that tells the script to only find values within a certain range of addresses instead of having to scan the entire region.

Edited by Roland21

Do u mean this?? 20200730_103857.thumb.jpg.8ba8bae44b9b2879d8d7c792739e05a4.jpg

those are the addresses where you want to search in.

And if this is not what u mean. Just record a script with GG and do the thing u mean. After that open it in a lua reader.

16 hours ago, SAGEPAPI said:

And if this is not what u mean. Just record a script with GG and do the thing u mean. After that open it in a lua reader.

I've stated in my post that I know about sign equal and that it's not doing what I want it to do because it still scans the memory fully but only replaces it if it's within the region and that's not what I'm going for since there are lots of AoBs to be replaced it and it help make the search faster if I could just tell it which addresses to scan between and which addresses to ignore. About the script recorder, I've done it way before I make this post but it still does the same thing. I'm not even sure if GG can do this can of thing anymore.

The answer above from @SAGEPAPI is exactly what you wanted to know.

5th and 6th parameters of "searchNumber" function are used to set lower and upper bound of range of addresses to perform search in. This is written in the documentation to the function which can be found here. Don't hesitate to check the documentation when you have GG API-related questions.

1 hour ago, CmP said:

The answer above from @SAGEPAPI is exactly what you wanted to know.

5th and 6th parameters of "searchNumber" function are used to set lower and upper bound of range of addresses to perform search in. This is written in the documentation to the function which can be found here. Don't hesitate to check the documentation when you have GG API-related questions.

I don't think you understand what SIGN_EQUAL is doing here. Read it for a second and understand what it does. It does not lower the memory usage or make the scan any faster, it's only an if statement meaning run scan on full memory, but replace it only if it was within these ranges. I would appreciate if people respond to me after they read my posts entirely, or better yet understand how functions work first before they speak out of turn.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:29 AM, Roland21 said:

I know the region but I want the script to run scans between the two addresses I mentioned above instead of scanning the entire region.

Thats whats my post abt. I highlighted the addresses (0x...... and the 0x......). Thats how u set the ranges for the addresses. 

If u still dont know, as i said record a script with gg and open the file in a lua reader.

I was just wondering if there's something that tells the script to only find values within a certain range of addresses instead of having to scan the entire region

Edited yesterday at 12:21 PM by Roland21

I want the script to run scans between the two addresses..

search..

20200731_170744.thumb.jpg.9ccdd47741d432c813fb511719a54696.jpg

just as @SAGEPAPI said.

Edited by MonkeySAN

4 minutes ago, MonkeySAN said:

search..

20200731_170744.thumb.jpg.9ccdd47741d432c813fb511719a54696.jpg

just as @SAGEPAPI said.

I don't think anyone can help me with this because the feature I'm looking for isn't there apparently. I know how to do this manually but I wanted to make it a part of the script. This doesn't help at all but thanks for trying everyone. Yeah I don't think there's any point to ask anymore.

I know how to do this manually but I wanted to make it a part of the script.

@SAGEPAPI already gave you the example...

On 7/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, SAGEPAPI said:

On 7/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, MonkeySAN said:

@SAGEPAPI already gave you the example...

I wasn't asking for an example. I was using this in my script and I think you guys don't exactly understand what SIGN_EQUAL is doing here. I've been using it in my scripts and I know how to use it. I have lots of AoB scans that are running and I want to reduce the amount of addresses that GG uses for the scan when the script is running. I will say this one more time: SIGN_EQUAL DOES NOT LIMIT WHICH MEMORY RANGES GG USES FOR THE SCAN, IT RUNS A FULL SCAN BUT ONLY EXECUTES THE CODE TO THE ADDRESSES WITHIN THE SPECIFIED RANGE—MEANING IT DOESN'T MAKE THE SCAN ANY FASTER WHICH IS WHAT I'M GOING FOR HERE. Had to go for the caps so people can read.

3 hours ago, MonkeySAN said:

You talk about SIGN_EQUAL...??

so you know what is this?

20200802_074638.thumb.jpg.74761110cb024676165e12fe809480a2.jpg

Of course. I just want to make my script run faster and this isn't helping. I think it would be safe to close this topic since my problem can't be solved.