Remove Server Request on An Old App

ownjoouk

HI all,

I don't know enough about Android apps or how they work so just seeing if something is possible.

Basically my daughter used to love My Muppet Show. And recently she was watching some youtube videos on it.

I then remembered you can still download it from Amazon and I decompiled it to see if I could do anything with the assets within. Now I could look at doing something in GameMaker to reproduce the songs but I think that would be a huge task.

The thing is the app wont load as it fails to find the server so the question is would it be possible to remove that check? Or somehow replicate a custom server. Although again I guess that would be a mammoth task.

I just want to know if it's worth investigating before I spend any time on it.

Cheers.

it is possible, but as you already found out, it is a huge pain in the *** and is individually on every app.

the possible steps are

- reverse engineering, reproducing code

- packet sniffing (wireshark) and code a private server which answers the clients packets (most likely is also secured by certificates or private encryption keys and/or encryption methods...)

i would not recommend investing time into this project, until you really want to spend a ton of your lifetime (or money to pay someone else)

I assumed as much. Thanks for confirming.

I'll have a play in gamemaker just to try and get the band working. She wont be able to play it but she can at least listen to it.

Might not be too much hassle to do that.

Thanks again.

Archived