How do peoples find wallhacks ?

alty

Question

I've seen vids on youtube where people shows that by searching certains numbers, then refining to 0 or some things like that. It looks like it is random but i guess they really know what they're doing. Any guide on how to learn to do that ??

Thanks !

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, ItsSC said:

Trial and error. Keep on edit random range of values, and keep an eyes on what you want to hack. If it work, squeeze the range until you found the exact value.

When you mean random range of value, how much should it be ? Wouldn't it crash the game ?

1 hour ago, alty said:

When you mean random range of value, how much should it be ? Wouldn't it crash the game ?

That's why Trial and error.

Random range, 0.0~0.1, 0.1~0.2, 0.2~0.3. Or whatever you like, 0.1413905125~0.213051294012 or 1.2123~5.151920521. If results too much, don't edit all to prevent crash.

For example if the wallhack is 0.34 F. 
Then maybe when you do until 0.3~0.4 (100 results). Then you found you did a wall hack, then revert half of the edited value, if the wallhack still working, means those reverted value are not the value you finding. Then delete them, and revert the other half. Repeat until you get the exact one value. And look at the memory, get nearby statics value and group them. So you can edit in one search in next time.

This require no skills, just take your time, and be patience. Try and try and try until you succeed the hack.

Edited by ItsSC

28 minutes ago, ItsSC said:

That's why Trial and error.

Random range, 0.0~0.1, 0.1~0.2, 0.2~0.3. Or whatever you like, 0.1413905125~0.213051294012 or 1.2123~5.151920521. If results too much, don't edit all to prevent crash.

For example if the wallhack is 0.34 F. 
Then maybe when you do until 0.3~0.4 (100 results). Then you found you did a wall hack, then revert half of the edited value, if the wallhack still working, means those reverted value are not the value you finding. Then delete them, and revert the other half. Repeat until you get the exact one value. And look at the memory, get nearby statics value and group them. So you can edit in one search in next time.

This require no skills, just take your time, and be patience. Try and try and try until you succeed the hack.

Last question i promise 😄

Do you know why editing little float values like that create (nearly) magicaly wallhacks ?

6 minutes ago, alty said:

Last question i promise 😄

Do you know why editing little float values like that create (nearly) magicaly wallhacks ?

I'm not a game developer so I don't really understand the mechanism behind.

In my intuitive, every object in the game like character, wall, floor are just model. When you put those models into the game, everything fall down as there is no "floor". So they will add "object collision" to those model. When two object collision collide with each other, they will not get pass through each other. And the principle of wallhack is like remove this object collision off from the wall. The value is store in float so it can has a more precise size so you won't visually "stuck" in a wall. If it is in dword, it will always be integer and making things worse. If that is double or qword, maybe it will drain much memory and make the game heavy.

When you edit the correct value, and turn it into negative value or zero, it is like changing the size of the collision, so when your character walk thtough the wall model, theoretically it pass through nothing, so you made a wallhack. 

Again, I'm not a game dev, this could be wrong. It's just my intuitive view.

Wow, nice replies boss. Learnt more about these unknown searches 

3 minutes ago, ItsSC said:

I'm not a game developer so I don't really understand the mechanism behind.

In my intuitive, every object in the game like character, wall, floor are just model. When you put those models into the game, everything fall down as there is no "floor". So they will add "object collision" to those model. When two object collision collide with each other, they will not get pass through each other. And the principle of wallhack is like remove this object collision off from the wall. The value is store in float so it can has a more precise size so you won't visually "stuck" in a wall. If it is in dword, it will always be integer and making things worse. If that is double or qword, maybe it will drain much memory and make the game heavy.

When you edit the correct value, and turn it into negative value or zero, it is like changing the size of the collision, so when your character walk thtough the wall model, theoretically it pass through nothing, so you made a wallhack. 

Again, I'm not a game dev, this could be wrong. It's just my intuitive view.

1 hour ago, alty said:

The problem now is that one ranges like 0.3 => 0.4 i get arround 200000 results

Now that's really deep 😂 I really can't answer that. maybe ItsSC can help with that

1 hour ago, alty said:

The problem now is that one ranges like 0.3 => 0.4 i get arround 200000 results

I believe wallhack is store around Xa or Xs memory. Check those two memories and close other may help reduce the amount of results. If still getting that much results, try divide them into parts, and edit part by part. If none of the edited results affect your gameplay, change other value and try again.