Can Google find out I'm using Freedom?

lookimback

Actually, it's completely different from a trainer for a non-IAP game. Overpriced or not, IAP is a purchase and cheating the system is theft, legally. You do run a risk of legal prosecution. 

lol.

If you cheat (using freedom or GG) you get ban only. I have steam, if I use exploited CD-keys my account is banned.

Google only now that you have freedom installed not if you are using it or not 

Edited by karma

lol.

If you cheat (using freedom or GG) you get ban only. I have steam, if I use exploited CD-keys my account is banned.

Google only now that you have freedom installed not if you are using it or not

In most cases, the companies only choose to ban you because it's cheaper and easier than a lawsuit. Because they don't does not mean they can't. There is a legal difference, though it is uncomfortably fuzzy, regarding the two, especially where purchasable goods are concerned. Please note that I am not passing judgement on users of various cheat softwares, as I use them in single-player games myself.

In most cases, the companies only choose to ban you because it's cheaper and easier than a lawsuit. Because they don't does not mean they can't. There is a legal difference, though it is uncomfortably fuzzy, regarding the two, especially where purchasable goods are concerned. Please note that I am not passing judgement on users of various cheat softwares, as I use them in single-player games myself.

the companies can't choose, the can ban only. Just try steal 1 € (real money not in game money) see how it ill go.

only way for the companies to  know(for cracking in game money) who I'm is getting my ip  and asking my provider for it, obviously the can't get it (privacy). There is difference real money is money and in game money is not money, if is not true I have to give like 100k-1000k to Glu Mobile - Gamevil etc.

I'm not saying that is legal to crack.

Edited by karma

the companies can't choose, the can ban only. Just try steal 1 € (real money not in game money) see how it ill go.

only way for the companies to  know(for cracking in game money) who I'm is getting my ip  and asking my provider for it, obviously the can't get it (privacy). There is difference real money is money and in game money is not money, if is not true I have to give like 100k-1000k to Glu Mobile - Gamevil etc.

I'm not saying that is legal to crack.

I'd owe similar amounts to several companies myself. I suspect they just ban in lieu of a cease and desist. Having been the recipient of a C&D, if the company wanted more than your user information and IP address, they just have to contact your ISP, which is within their bounds, or a judge. I am sure that they only ban due to how easy it is compared to proving wrongdoing in a court of law.

I'd owe similar amounts to several companies myself. I suspect they just ban in lieu of a cease and desist. Having been the recipient of a C&D, if the company wanted more than your user information and IP address, they just have to contact your ISP, which is within their bounds, or a judge. I am sure that they only ban due to how easy it is compared to proving wrongdoing in a court of law.

I can only talk for Italy, here you can't get ip  from ISP for cracking IGM, obviously is different for IRM.

@lookimback  Just try on http://www.in-appstore.com/

• Administrators

It's so nice of Google to ban/block customers for trying to change in-game currency (I'm not talking about Freedom) while at the same time letting companies get away with loosing in-game purchases and not being obligated to restore your purchase or refund your money.

Can anyone say "going to crap?"

@dibblebill I don't see any posts there about people being banned from Google. All I see is something about in-appstore.com's servers IP being blocked.

On theFreedom/money issue, I am being theoretical based on things I have seen with other content providers. Karma, I suspect that our laws differ a bit here. I live in the Corporatist States of America.

• 3 years later...

Is freedom illegal in england because it says this app might by illegal in ur country. I wanna know please tell me. By the way no one got banned from google its just when you uninstall freedom then it doesn't change the hosts file back to the original so when i uninstalled it i had to edit the hosts file myself. ?