Can Google find out I'm using Freedom?

lookimback

Ya,Google can track it,but you wont land in any trouble,they will just ban you from their servers,ao you wont be able to buy things from google play,nor IAP even if you wish to buy using your credit card.

It happened with me.

Ya,Google can track it,but you wont land in any trouble,they will just ban you from their servers,ao you wont be able to buy things from google play,nor IAP even if you wish to buy using your credit card.

It happened with me.

Who knew!

• Administrators

Yes, they track you easily. Bad part is, they don't even need to track once person. They just track the people that use the freedom card, and can mass-ban, warn, lawsuit, etc.

Google play store does not show up anymore in my app list and when trying to download a new Google play store apk it won't install... Anyone help how to fix this would a factory reset do the job?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, they track you easily. Bad part is, they don't even need to track once person. They just track the people that use the freedom card, and can mass-ban, warn, lawsuit, etc.
I don't think that is how freedom works. From what I observed, freedom modifies the hosts file to redirect communication sent from play app to Google's server. Freedom then acts as a fake Google server, running offline on your phone and sends the false credit card info to the phone's play store app, which thinks this info was sent by Google. When you click purchase, the fake Google server tells play store app that the transaction of money is complete, and the play store app tells the victim app that the payment was complete. This doesn't work on games with servers, because the game also communicates with that server. The game asks it's server if the purchase was complete, and the server asks Google's server the same. Since your fake purchase didn't reach Google, the purchase would not be completed. In summary, Google doesn't know about the purchases using free-card because the whole thing happens offline. They can't sue you any more than Ubisoft can have you arrested for playing assassin's creed with a trainer. You have every right to redirect IP traffic going in and out of a device you purchased. Sent from my GT-I9300

• 1 month later...

That is exactly correct. I found this out from Madkite, one of the creators of Freedom, on the Freedom website. Also, if people were getting banned from Google or sued for using it then a Google search would produce dozens, if not thousands, of links to forums, blogs, etc, where people complained or asked for help because Freedom got them banned. I searched and found nothing.

• 1 month later...