Idle Mastermind - Cant find values!

slemx

Question

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me to realize why I can't find some values.....any values......aside from me being a rookie 🙂

i have searched everyway i know how such as unencrypted auto, dword, float, double, byte in a few situations, and then all of them as encrypted. I've tried fuzzy, fuzzy with known change. Tried ordered searches too. Failed all around. Often getting values that change back, i change the value and it has no effect, or sometimes the game just crashes.

If you see the attached, one of the many things I've tried to change are the "skill points". Using methods mentioned above i can narrow down some values but never any luck. I've been trying for a week!! Haha. Any thoughts anyone? Ask questions if ya got them.

thanks,

Sam

Screenshot_20200406-173326_Idle_Mastermind.png

9 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, NoFear said:

Search prices to upgrade content. They are "double format". Increment edit to find the right one. Make negative price. Buy. Done.

Screenshot_20200406-194301.png

All the time i spent and it wasnt even encrypted! Haha thanks for that one. Did you try to get that same method to work for other values like the money, etc? Those are the ones i have attempted the most.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, slemx said:

All the time i spent and it wasnt even encrypted! Haha thanks for that one. Did you try to get that same method to work for other values like the money, etc? Those are the ones i have attempted the most.

Yea. All work.

42 minutes ago, NoFear said:

Yea. All work.

Is it typical, even for offline games, to not be able to directly edit how much of something you have like this game? Like i can see for example that i have 12.6k money, but I can't seem to find that value.

However using the search and increment on this one we just change "price" to negative and so on.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, slemx said:

Is it typical, even for offline games, to not be able to directly edit how much of something you have like this game? Like i can see for example that i have 12.6k money, but I can't seem to find that value.

However using the search and increment on this one we just change "price" to negative and so on.

12.6k is 100 possible numbers assuming it's double as well.

Sometimes your balance can be more difficult to edit. I didn't bother trying since you already claimed it could be done, so based on style of game I basically knew the value type.

14 hours ago, NoFear said:

12.6k is 100 possible numbers assuming it's double as well.

Sometimes your balance can be more difficult to edit. I didn't bother trying since you already claimed it could be done, so based on style of game I basically knew the value type.

14 hours ago, zam535582 said:

20200407_104732.thumb.jpg.7112b1f601de6a2abc749ad6ac2cbffb.jpg

I could have sworn i tried everything possible, including unencrypted double search but ya swooped in with an answer that was oh so easy. Thanks @NoFear and thank you for the verification on that too @zam535582 

I got it to work now, even modifying "Idle Apocalypse", a similar game by the same creator.

@NoFear, one last thing....maybe.....how did you know the value type based on the game? Just experience?

Thanks,

Sam

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, slemx said:

@NoFear, one last thing....maybe.....how did you know the value type based on the game? Just experience?

Thanks,

Sam

Yea, similar games share similar formats.

Most idle/clicker games are double.