play store wont after using freedom.apk

lookimback

I don't know what's going on but I can't get my play store app to work now that I've used freedom. I opened freedom and stopped it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling play store. It keeps crashing. Sometimes I can get it to stay open long enough to try to download an app but then it crashes on the accept page. Play version is 3.10.14 freedom version is 8.4.

well i tried restoring the phone to factory specs. still cant get play to work. i did find mobile market, actually downloaded and installed it by mistake thinking it was titanium backup,  and it works though. i still would like the store app to work again though.

There is no recovery for my phone. Kyocera Hydro. I did factory reset this morning and spent all day installing backups with titanium. Wiped dalvik cache earlier. What about permissions though? 

App just keeps crashing. No matter what version i try. What sucks is Freedom worked perfect about half a dozen times before the play app broke.

OK maybe this is a clue. If I delete the play app, delete etc/hosts then wipe dalvik cache and reboot then I reinstall the play app I can get it to open and get all the way to the accept and download page before it crashes. I reinstalled the freedom app too but its stopped. I would like it to work again. It is a great app.

Oh. That sucks. I have a Kyocera Hydro. Nobody's figured out how to unlock the boot loader yet so there's no way I can reinstall the rom. I found an app called 1mobile market. I can get stuff from the store with that at least. Thanks for the reply.

Problem solved. When I reinstalled the play store app it went into the user app file (data/app). I cut and pasted it into the system app folder (system/app) cleared data, deleted dalvik cache for com.android.vending and rebooted. Play store is working fine now. Hope this helps.

I had uninstalled so there was no update. Reinstall had put the apk in wrong folder. I had same thing happen when I uninstalled chrome then decided to give it a second chance.

Sent from my Hydro using Tapatalk 2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...