Why Script Ended:Script Error ?

AliceAlmony

Question

Got a script error here, I have no clue about scripting etc.  I'm not looking to be a burden though any help will be very much appreciated! Any tutorial links to figure this one out or what i'm looking at here?

Script ended:
Script error: luaj.LuaArgError: /storage/emulated/legacy/BADCASESCRIPTLAUNCHER/BadCaseScriptLauncher.lua:-1

bad argument #2 to 'debug.upvalueid' (invalid upvalue index 2) (field 'upvalueid')
level = 1, const = 22, proto = 0, upval = 1, vars = 13, code = 81
CALL v10..v12 v10..v10
 ; PC 30 CODE 0180829D OP 29 A 10 B 3 C 2 Bx 1538 sBx -129533
stack traceback:
    /storage/emulated/legacy/BADCASESCRIPTLAUNCHER/BadCaseScriptLauncher.lua: in function 'devicedata'
    /storage/emulated/legacy/BADCASESCRIPTLAUNCHER/BadCaseScriptLauncher.lua: in main chunk
    [Java]: in ?
    at luaj.LuaValue.argerror(LuaValue.java:1021)
    at luaj.lib.DebugLib$upvalueid.invoke(DebugLib.java:374)
    at android.ext.Script$wrap.invoke(Script.java:1111)
    at luaj.lib.VarArgFunction.call(VarArgFunction.java:62)
    at luaj.LuaClosure.execute(LuaClosure.java:515)
    at luaj.LuaClosure.call(LuaClosure.java:160)
    at luaj.LuaClosure.execute(LuaClosure.java:513)
    at luaj.LuaClosure.call(LuaClosure.java:160)
    at android.ext.Script.runScript(Script.java:5667)
    at android.ext.Script$ScriptThread.run(Script.java:5406)

WHAT !?!? I'M TESTING NOW!! I have notifications on idk why I didnt see this!!  Thank you so mmuch when did he release it?  I've been messaging him on here and on his site and scourging the internet for anything! even trying to do it myself x] wow can't wait gtg!

Like I said I renamed the script BADBADBAD so I wouldnt get it mixed up with the previous version
After executing the script two more showed up
I then clicked on the 1 new script named:  [email protected]
and received a message that I'm not sure is typical but it really freaked me out 😞 and just cancelled 
5 mins later the script ended
Not sure what all this means

1111111.png

222222222.png

33333333.png

Edited by AliceAlmony

@AliceAlmony little confusion happened, because the file I have uploaded in the previous post is edited .lasm file (the one GG produces when "Disassemble" feature is used). When such file is executed, GG produces .lua file that corresponds to it and places it in the same folder. That's what happened when you executed it and received this output: 

8 hours ago, AliceAlmony said:

image.thumb.png.7deb06b61f9245237d976da1678a0168.png

Likely, you did it 2 times and that's why you have 2 of same .lua files produced by GG here: 

7 hours ago, AliceAlmony said:

1111111.png

The files are equal, so you can leave only one of them and name it how you like.

Then, when you execute the script produced by GG from .lasm file, GG asks the following:

8 hours ago, AliceAlmony said:

222222222.png

because the script needs Internet access to work. Obviously, if you don't allow the access, the script won't work, but if you will, the script will work fine.

The decision of whether to allow the access depends on presence or absence of your trust to the script author and the file in particular.

Since the version above is slightly different from original version of the script, you can compare their disassembly (.lasm files) produced by GG to make the decision.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, BadCase said:

it was disassembled GG may have changed a w to a W

No. Here view of original binary script:

scr_1572295017.png

As you see "W" in upper case.

It's just that there were bugs in older versions of GG that made it work. More precisely, we will say this: you are lucky that it coincided so that it worked approximately the way you needed.

It worked for me on the video, because not latest version of GG was used.

Here is fixed version of the .lasm file to work on the currently latest version of GG (87.3): BadCaseScriptLauncher_fixed.lasm

UPD: Did the same actions as in my video above, but with the file from this post and GG 87.3, script worked properly.

Edited by CmP
Added info about testing the file

15 minutes ago, Enyby said:

No. Here view of original binary script:

scr_1572295017.png

As you see "W" in upper case.

It's just that there were bugs in older versions of GG that made it work. More precisely, we will say this: you are lucky that it coincided so that it worked approximately the way you needed.

I see that, very strange as I cant find an uppercase W in any of the source files going back a few versions.

Could it somehow have been changed from w to W by an older version of GG and the compiler that i had used when I compiled it?

Otherwise I am truly confused as to how it is uppercase