AFK Arena discussion

CtrlPlus

Question

I know there is no working mod for this game yet and anything replaced with GG its just visual so I want to share my findings about this game, maybe we can put together something exploitable.

I found that there is a way to edit energy values, patterns I found about this:

- Addresses reset every time so every battle you must search again

- The amount of values you find depends on the battle > There are 13 values for Campaign battles, 8 values for Guild Battle and around 1 or 2 when you go to Test Hero

- Whenever you found values you can freeze them at 1,600,000,000 + and the hero will continuously use his ult

- No energy at all is always value 0 and even just a bit of energy or full its 1,050,999,999 + ( there is always the same value for capped energy)

-Every address found in campaign follows some sort of pattern, they end mostly in 14 28 50 or 78 88

- Lucius' values are harder to track

-You can find the values of the enemies as well 

-Sometimes protection kicks in and the battle wont be verified, oddly sometimes it works

Other things:

In the daily guild battle with Wrizz, if you use a combination of Vedan and freeze his energy so he ults continuously he is invincible and also, YOU CAN FREEZE time. Search dword then decrease, go under 30 values, interestingly its that you can go to like 5-6 values with time, the more time there is the more values you'll find.  

Something else stops this technique, it seems that its coded in the game somewhere else that you only have 90 seconds and even if you froze time and dealt millions of dmg more than you would normally, when the battle is finished the registered value will be the dmg that you've done in the actual 90 seconds.

I'm currently looking into ascension and if we can trick the game into thinking positions are filled even if they aren't. 

Btw, when you experiment with energy freeze, you should be careful because when you freeze values in a battle and try again in another battle without unfreezing the last addresses the game might crash as those respective addresses seem to be used for something else.

i setup a proxy between the game and the internet... but the encoding of the packages is something special (i think something chinese) ...sometimes (i think it is periodic) the game sends packages to the gameserver and i think thats the timesync... 

another thing.. is it possible to freez or setup the HP of our own heroes... (or enemy heroes) ?

did someone tried to change the stuff for cash shop or achievement rewards?

and offtopic can i copy paste to GameGuardian Search? i am working with NOX and idk... i need to spend a lot of time to writing every time the values..

I don't know yet if its possible to freeze the HP but if you play enough with values in battles you'll notice that hp sometimes glitches, even so, I think that at the end, the battle wont be verified.

Anything else that its not inside a campaign battle must be harder to change, I ve noticed that the campaign battle runs in offline mode, if you turn off your data/wifi, even if you get a pop up that there s no connection, the battle runs in the background. I think that this is something that might be exploitable, we must change something inside a battle then the results are sent to their servers.

About the values,you could try saving them to txt then importing them.

31 minutes ago, Shanos said:

and offtopic can i copy paste to GameGuardian Search? i am working with NOX and idk... i need to spend a lot of time to writing every time the values..

You should be able to copy paste in the search. You can also have access to the historic of your searches with the button with a clock and an arrow.

Btw, what exactly do you want to do in this game Ctrlplus and Shanos?

Edited by Rastakiwi

2 hours ago, Rastakiwi said:

Btw, what exactly do you want to do in this game Ctrlplus and Shanos?

Pretty much...anything. We can't do anything but the speedhack and even this is limited. This is why I set up this topic, maybe together we can find something to exploit.

If you can't speedhack some stuff, try to activate more speedhack functions in GG's menu, if not done already.

In this tab, the green squares represent the functions that will most likely help to speedhack, but also try red ones if you don't get what you want.

I'd be glad to help when I'll have more free time in 2 week 😉

Edited by Rastakiwi

9 minutes ago, Rastakiwi said:

If you can't speedhack some stuff, try to activate more speedhack functions in GG's menu, if not done already.

In this tab, the green squares represent the functions that will most likely help to speedhack, but also try red ones if you don't get what you want.

I'd be glad to help when I'll have more free time in 2 week 😉

They have a server based clock. Everything that happens in-game its tied to that clock

I'm back with some info on hp freeze.

It it possible it seems. I ran a few scans in campaign with warek. I managed to freeze his hp at a point but there are some implications.

First of all, using unknown and decrease means that the hero will end up with low hp and big burst of dmg will bring it down.

Second, using decreased value in a battle is quite a bad technique, there is the timer decreasing and other hp bars from enemies as well.

In my tests when I froze warek's hp I also froze the time because of this and it seems that whenever you freeze time in campaign, it sticks, the addresses dont change.

I found 9 values for hp only and 11 including the time it seems. There s a pattern in this values, they usually come in pairs. Will be be back after further tests.

I don't know if that helps but what I found is that you can edit the equipment stats. But the safety kicks in always and the battle doesn't get verified. 

Also I don't know if this works with all the equipment. I use dword to search the values and most of the times it finds them but only on armors or helmets 

I'm very interested how this will turn out 

*edit 

Also if you don't mind me asking how do you find the energy values? My knowledge is very basic when it comes to addresses, pointers, etc

Edited by KingBlein
Forgot to say something

6 hours ago, KingBlein said:

I don't know if that helps but what I found is that you can edit the equipment stats. But the safety kicks in always and the battle doesn't get verified. 

Also I don't know if this works with all the equipment. I use dword to search the values and most of the times it finds them but only on armors or helmets 

I'm very interested how this will turn out 

*edit 

Also if you don't mind me asking how do you find the energy values? My knowledge is very basic when it comes to addresses, pointers, etc

Scan 0 dword as soon as you press begin battle, and do increase value scan until the hero uses ult, then after he uses ult, the hero should have no energy so refine to 0 value. If this wont find aroud 8 to 13 values then repeat the process. 

55 minutes ago, CtrlPlus said:

Scan 0 dword as soon as you press begin battle, and do increase value scan until the hero uses ult, then after he uses ult, the hero should have no energy so refine to 0 value. If this wont find aroud 8 to 13 values then repeat the process. 

Thank you! 

Did you locate (a) pointer(s) following these values from battles to battles (like what shanos was talking about)? If we do, we may locate much more interesting stuff.

But I think currencies won't be hackable without an exploit since they're probably server sided.

Just now, Rastakiwi said:

Did you locate (a) pointer(s) following these values from battles to battles (like what shanos was talking about)? If we do, we may locate much more interesting stuff.

But I think currencies won't be hackable without an exploit since they're probably server sided.

No, I cant locate any pointers thats the issue. Its annoying searching values every battle and its not a guarantee that you find them,  because of this is pretty hard to even change values, we can only freeze them, except energy which you can increase. No pointers, no base key to values, pretty limited.

I found a quite fast way to find a hero health and energy. You can pause the game while in GG (up left corner button) to make the scan easier:

-wait for the ultimate to be ready on your hero

-search for float 4.4765625 (max energy)

-launch ult.

-quickly search for 0 after launching it, before your hero attacks again

--> there should be one result in 'Ca' memory range, this is your energy, save it.

-go to address

--> your health is the float 8 bytes above (2 floats/dwords up), it should be a value around 5.131245131... (last value i got), save it.

-do it for any other hero

Ennemies have the same structure as heroes. I found an ennemy boss structure but it was far away from heroes' ones (the first value is Ulric health, but I couldn't rename it because the NaN value caused an error when I tried to rename (GG bug)):

Screenshot_20190616-014329.thumb.jpg.3a9f74da596430c333f1019f3b09f1e1.jpg

You can see on the next screenshot the difference between the 3 first offsets (between ulric and other heroes), and the ulric and the ennemy boss' offset (lightened offset).

You can also see on the 5th, 6th and 8th lines that some heroes are closer than others: Mirael and Ira are separated by only C00h bytes/octets and Ira and Hogan are separated by 7C00h bytes:

Screenshot_20190616-014556.thumb.jpg.a2321055af0d319d9c467df8c15fe683.jpg

Edited by Rastakiwi
Screenshots