How can I enable GameGuardian without Developer Mode?

OfficialObject

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OfficialObject said:

I'm trying to enable GameGuardian on my Chromebook on the latest version of ChromeOS.

I did everything I can but the only way there is is Developer Mode, unless of any of you know.

If someone can help me with this, thank you.

If it won't run without dev mode then enable developer mode (I'm guessing this is a phones version of root. Maybe bluestacks? Or just enable dev mode it's pretty simple. I'm pretty sure it will wipe the data but you'll be in dev mode until you redo the process to disable it. 

Now with the latest version of the stable build of Chrome OS, you can install APKs without developer mode via the terminal. 

You need to enable Linux (beta). 

Go to the terminal and type: sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb

Further, press Y to allow the installation. 

adb connect 100.115.92.2:5555

If the terminal shows permission denied or command not found, run the command: adb start-server and try the adb connect command again. 

A window will pop up and enable the checkbox for "Always allow" and click on the ok button. 

Download the APK and move it to Linux files. 

Open the terminal and type adb install app.apk (obviously replace app with the name of the file)

If that didn't work and it said something about more than 1 device, type adb devices. 

I had another device called emulator-5554 so I typed adb -s emulator-5554 install app.apk

It will say success and it will be done. 

The only obstacle (or problem) is that after that, you'll need to reinstall GG because it'll rename the app. If you don't have developer mode enabled you have to manually install the apk. The problem is that temp.apk is in Android files, not Linux files and the only way to get there is to enable this flag chrome://flags/#show-android-files-in-files-app

I don't see that as an option. It's probably not available on my chromebook yet even though I'm in dev mode. I'll have to wait and see but you'll be able to copy the temp.apk file to Linux files and use the method above to install it. I've only just installed the app but haven't reinstalled it. 

Archived