Can script ask for root rights?

YeetMeister

Question

@Enyby

Do you know if it is possible that the script i make can ask for root Rights?

I want to make a Standoff 2 menu with root and no root function, if i grant permission then it will continue to Root version else it goes to No Root.

Is that possible? If so How?

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Enyby said:

Do you want someone's script to make a brick out of your phone?
Scripts will never have root rights.

Is it possible in the future to allow access only to the attached process' /data/data/com.gamename/shared_prefs folder?

It would allow GG to easily modify save files without them having to move them first like you have to do with my Pacybits save updater.

And I understand its primary purpose is to edit memory but its capable of much more

PS to clarify I am not asking for elevated privileges of any kind only the ability for GG to access files in the shared_prefs folder of the attached process and nothing else, this should be safe

Edited by BadCase

• Moderators
10 hours ago, BadCase said:

Is it possible in the future to allow access only to the attached process' /data/data/com.gamename/shared_prefs folder?

It would allow GG to easily modify save files without them having to move them first like you have to do with my Pacybits save updater.

And I understand its primary purpose is to edit memory but its capable of much more

PS to clarify I am not asking for elevated privileges of any kind only the ability for GG to access files in the shared_prefs folder of the attached process and nothing else, this should be safe

Maybe to build upon this thought, maybe ability to access the lib folder too. Then gg could make lib edits. 

I would be more than happy just having the Read Write access to the shared_prefs folder, it would literally save me hours every day explaining to donors how to get to their save file lol

That and open up a whole new aspect of scripting for GG 

Access to the directories in the games /data/data/com.game.name/ directory in general would be best if you are considering adding this as some games use different sub-folders there to store game and save data

Edited by BadCase

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CmP said:

But, if I am not mistaken, something like this is already possible by modifying lib that is loaded in process memory. This way is likely more limited than modifying the file itself, but it may work.

Yes, that is possible. Was hoping a "permanent" lib Edit with gg could be possible. Not a huge deal.