Server sided game

U0101006

Question

i've got a little question which i'd like people's expertise on. Basically I'm trying to use GG to alter a value on a server side game. Yeah yeah I know, you're thinking you can't. However let me explain. I can change the value in the game, yet when I make a purchase it reverts back to the previous amount minus the purchase cost. HOWEVER the game has a built in transfer method which basically freezes all data server side (data on the device transferring from) when you transfer to another device. So my reasoning was that if I were to transfer after altering the value that it should stick, yet it doesn't. Got any idea's?

Gz,

a puzzle addict

1 answer to this question

more of the same, the answer is obvious, the storage is server-side, for all the values you see are dumped, the few data you send to the server has an authenticity check based on the values you originally had. then any anomaly is discarded and reloaded the original data (which are the ones you should have at the moment). Even changing devices, you are just downloading data and even if you change, the server will synchronize with the values they have in the database. formerly, in mid-2012, there was (but not for certain purposes) the "charles proxy", which was nothing more than a local proxy, where you could intercept the packets and edit, thus deceiving the server. but things have changed, and it does not work as easily as before, but who knows, right? sorry my bad english

Archived