So I need help with pointers....

Minkiytsu

Question

Hey guys... I've been using GG over a year, but I've never learned how to find the pointer..

What I mean is, if I find like money value I can change it right? But after I restart the game I cannot use the same offset again, because it has changed right after I restarted the game.. I would appreciate, if you would tell me how do I find the pointer, or link me a guide for it..

Thank you, have a good day.

7 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Raex-D said:

So pointers in GG doesn't work like CE or you can't find them normally as in CE? I'm afraid I still don't understand. 

I've seen the tutorial videos but they actually don't help a noob. I think maybe dev should instead give a proper example with a some random simple game and using GG on it to find pointers for it. 

Or someone else who knows about this stuff. 

Value in almost all android online game is not static, but, you can use groupsearch to solve the problems. If you can reversing apk or lib file, you can use hex + offset, then you can create something called 'patcher'. Thats all.

1 hour ago, Minkiytsu said:

Hey guys... I've been using GG over a year, but I've never learned how to find the pointer..

What I mean is, if I find like money value I can change it right? But after I restart the game I cannot use the same offset again, because it has changed right after I restarted the game.. I would appreciate, if you would tell me how do I find the pointer, or link me a guide for it..

I want to know the same too, have used cheat engine for years and game guardian for more than 3 years but normally for windows using cheat engine someone would have made a cheat table and that would have been enough. I never had to get into the pointers over it. It's the same with game guardian I never ran into a game where I'd really need a use for pointers, until now. 

Playing a stealth game République, and the resources are too scarce on it so need a way to find the pointers. It's one thing if it's something we can't really understand but a simple guide for Android which someone who can use a little bit of their brains would have been useful rather than for us to just look in unnecessary places where we might not even find the necessary help. 

Devs, come on is that what the forum is about? A forum for so called "professionals" since I heard that was one of the reason having a discord server was given a red flag. 

3 hours ago, Raex-D said:

I want to know the same too, have used cheat engine for years and game guardian for more than 3 years but normally for windows using cheat engine someone would have made a cheat table and that would have been enough. I never had to get into the pointers over it. It's the same with game guardian I never ran into a game where I'd really need a use for pointers, until now. 

Playing a stealth game République, and the resources are too scarce on it so need a way to find the pointers. It's one thing if it's something we can't really understand but a simple guide for Android which someone who can use a little bit of their brains would have been useful rather than for us to just look in unnecessary places where we might not even find the necessary help. 

Devs, come on is that what the forum is about? A forum for so called "professionals" since I heard that was one of the reason having a discord server was given a red flag. 

Agee with everything

5 hours ago, Minkiytsu said:

You can use pointer search, but with complicated way. In example, you need to reverse .lib file. I think groupsearch is the most simple way to find and edit value memory in android.

17 hours ago, bukandewa said:

You can use pointer search, but with complicated way. In example, you need to reverse .lib file. I think groupsearch is the most simple way to find and edit value memory in android.

You mean reverse engineering the library file inside the apk? 

3 hours ago, Raex-D said:

You mean reverse engineering the library file inside the apk?

Yes, but... if your purpose is to find pointer same as like in CE, I think GG have a limitation. After finding something usefull in reversing, you can do more advance use termux or CE on emulator process.

For more usefull information, you can search some discussions about 'find pointer' in this forum.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, bukandewa said:

Yes, but... if your purpose is to find pointer same as like in CE, I think GG have a limitation. After finding something usefull in reversing, you can do more advance use termux or CE on emulator process.

For more usefull information, you can search some discussions about 'find pointer' in this forum.

So pointers in GG doesn't work like CE or you can't find them normally as in CE? I'm afraid I still don't understand. 

I've seen the tutorial videos but they actually don't help a noob. I think maybe dev should instead give a proper example with a some random simple game and using GG on it to find pointers for it. 

Or someone else who knows about this stuff. 

Archived