Finding pointers for saved variables.

Raex-D

Question

I am playing this game République on my phone, and I can find the variables that change my stuff searching for them. I can change and freeze them and it all works. What I have trouble with is looking for the pointers for these saved variables. I saw the video posted by enby and I couldn't understand much from it. 

The problem is when the game starts from a save when you get caught the variables changes and thus is quite frustrating when at some point you get caught. Also there are some stuff I can't find through the search since I can't find enough of them to search. Like the screwdriver. And the batteries got changed back to 2 after it loaded a save game unlike the save tapes. Can someone explain how pointers work so I can work through them and get a list which will work every time without making me go through the searching for the variables again and again? 

Edit: So I looked around with how to work on pointers and the first thing that came was to check if the game is Java based or C language based. The Java heap utilizes the maximum memory like about 1 gigs and the other just a little bit about 10 to 20 mb the C++ heap being 0. I guess it's impossible to find pointer for this game then? 

1 answer to this question

Archived